III.

I didn't return to the dorm that night but instead, I took my car. I was afraid that guy might show up and cause trouble again. I'll definitely report him! I haven't contacted Calista either because I'm mad at her. If I hadn't agreed to what she wanted, none of this would have happened. My peaceful life got disrupted.

I quickly blocked that guy and deactivated my social media accounts. I believe it's a safe thing to do. Now, I'm in a distant place, not sure where I'm headed. Whatever! I just want to get away for now. Morning caught up with me while driving. I plan to visit a place I've wanted to go for a long time. Luckily, I have some stuff in the car, and I brought my credit card. I'm wearing a jacket because it's raining. While driving, I passed by a convenience store, so I bought some food for later.

Solo travel turned out to be enjoyable unexpectedly. It's my first time going out of town alone, perfect for my situation.

When I arrived at the beach resort where I'll be checking in, I hurriedly went in. I'm excited. It turns out they accept walk-ins, so no need for reservations. I only brought my duffel bag that's always in my car in case of emergencies. It came in handy now.

I'm still wearing block heels, and my feet hurt from driving. There's a shop here, so I bought slippers and swimwear. I didn't get a big room since I'll be heading home in the evening.

I must admit that being alone feels lonely. There's no one to talk to. I can't call Mommy because she might worry, especially since I'm alone. I want to inform Calista, but I'll cool my head first.

I quickly ate and changed to swim in the sea. There aren't many people in the resort yet because I arrived early. It's not too hot, so I'll make the most of swimming before it gets too sunny.

As my body gradually gets wet, the wind plays with my hair, brushing against my neck. It feels amazing, like I've been revived from drowning.

Many are impressed with my swimming skills. I've been good at it since I learned. I was five years old at that time, taught by a special person in my life. I'll never forget that day.

When I felt the warmth on my skin, I took a break. I sat under a tree for some shade. There was a stick nearby, so I picked it up. I found myself writing his beautiful name in the sand.

It's been years, but I still love him dearly.

I sighed and leaned against the tree. What if I hadn't left?

If I hadn't left that time, maybe I'd still be happy with him. Just like before.

I was so happy when he was around every day, as if my world revolved around him. I try hard to forget everything, but it seems impossible. How can I forget the person who's been there with me from the beginning?

I returned to the room as the outside heat was becoming unbearable, scorching my skin! After taking another shower, I laid down. The solitude of being alone in life can be exhausting. I simply slept, trying to escape the loneliness. In my dreams, there's an opportunity to be with the people I want to be with now.

When I woke up in the afternoon, I felt refreshed from a good sleep. I got up to drink water, but I noticed my things scattered on the floor. They fell from my bag. I tidied up because a messy room bothers me. While putting things back in my bag, I touched a small envelope inside. I opened it and my heart sank seeing the pictures, photos of him and me. Pictures taken discreetly, obviously capturing me looking at him from a distance.

The photos are a bit crumpled due to age. I didn't realize I still carry these memories of him. I looked at each photo, and tears started to fall.

I can't pretend that I don't think of him because, truthfully, he's the first person that comes to mind in everything.

He became a significant part of my life. Almost everything has a memory of him.

It started when I transferred to the city during my third year of high school. I thought it would be easy to forget my life in the province, a life that included him. A life where he was a part of.

We were inseparable back then. Mommy even got mad because we were always together, and I barely had other friends because Knox and I were always together.

Throughout high school, I'd get into fights because I didn't want anyone getting close to Knox, as if he were mine. That's one of the reasons why I'm here. Mommy wanted to make me realize that I needed to breathe and be independent, not just me but also Knox. She told me before that how could Knox and I progress if we couldn't be independent of each other.

But Mommy doesn't think lowly of Knox to separate us so easily. She knows how much I love him. There were things I didn't fully understand back then. Daddy died that same year. I realized Mommy was right. I couldn't build many memories with my dad. He rarely came home due to work, and when he did, we were already asleep. We didn't have time to bond. We weren't even that close. I regret it. I wish I had valued others too.

It hurts to admit that I tried to forget him. Even though we promised each other never to leave. I was the first to break that promise. I remember telling him not to leave me, but I was the one who left us.

Did he forget me?

Maybe he hates me now. I can understand that. He should be mad at me. I don't deserve to be his friend anymore because I didn't even give him a proper farewell.

I didn't have a phone at that time, so I couldn't contact him. I tried searching for him, but nothing came up. He's very difficult to find. Knowing him, he doesn't care about things as long as he's with me.

But I believe it will not just ends there...

I know there's more to what we had