I.

"Oh my goodness! Watch where you're going," I complained to the guy who bumped into me. I understand he's in a hurry, but colliding like that is painful.

What else can I expect here?

City life is so chaotic and noisy. All I hear are car honks everywhere. The traffic is unbearable, so I rarely use my car. Mommy would scold me again for not driving and just commuting. Well, driving is just too much of a hassle. Ever since I got my license, I've become lazy about it.

Being an adult is tough. So many responsibilities. I truly miss the time when I was still a child. Even if the place wasn't vast, it was peaceful. I used to be with my family, and I was genuinely happy back then. It's because he was also a part of my everyday life at that time.

I wish I could go back to Mommy in the province, but it's not possible yet. I'm on the verge of completing my studies, with just one more year to endure here.

Before reaching the dormitory building, I stopped by a nearby convenience store to grab my dinner. I have groceries, but I'm too lazy to cook today. I just want to sleep after eating because my day has been stressful.

Looking at myself in the mirror, I couldn't help but frown. Damn, what happened to my face? I look so haggard now! I wasn't like this last year.

Before I get irritated again with my appearance, I grabbed my chosen meal. These go-to foods are the only ones saving my stomach, chicken curry and, of course, iced coffee.

While walking to the building, something caught my attention. At the end of the hallway, there were two people. I was about to approach when I realized they were kissing. I quickly walked away not to disturb them. How embarrassing!

As soon as I entered our dorm, Calista's grumpy face greeted me. There's never a day she isn't troubled.

Calista has been my roommate since the first year. We started being friends here. At first, we didn't talk much because she had a friend in the neighboring room, but that friend transferred to another university. Calista is okay to be with, just that she takes a long time to come home, especially when she goes out. I ended staying up late waiting for her.

"Oh, what happened to you? You look like you've been through hell," I commented.

She rolled her eyes, "Argh it's annoying. Our out-of-town trip with Cedric got canceled."

"Why? And you still have classes tomorrow, right?" I asked again.

Since she got a boyfriend, her whole world revolves around him. That's why I don't like that kind of relationship. I'd rather be single forever.

"I don't have classes for tomorrow, but he has them in the afternoon until the evening. That's why I'm sad. I'll be sulking here again," she replied sadly.

Well, at least she doesn't have classes tomorrow. She should be happy about that. I'm almost dying from staying up late because of the school workload.

"Oh well, you can stay here with him in the morning. Just not in my bed, okay? Have some respect," I teased.

Her eyes lit up, "Really?..." she asked. "Okay, no takebacks!"

"Fuck you. Idiot!" I immediately retorted.

She laughed at what I said. That's how it should be. It's better for her to laugh than be sad. Sadness is contagious. I learned that from someone.

After I ate, I immediately reviewed. I want to finish everything I need to do because I might be the one who will be finished by this!

While writing, Calista suddenly sat next to me.

"I want to introduce someone to you! Look," she said excitedly and showed me her phone.

I thought it was something important but it's a picture of a tall, mestizo guy, and he's a doctor.

"No, I'm busy," I immediately said.

She gave me a glare, "Just a friend!"

"I have many friends. I don't need that. Is he good at contributing to drinking sessions?" I said jokingly.

And she actually typed what I said!

"Hey, why did you say that!" I complained.

She just shrugged, "Yeah, he is. You two can chat on WhatsApp. I sent him your number."

My eyes widened as I received a text message from that guy.

Damn. I don't want this!

"Calista, I haven't agreed yet! I'm really busy. I swear!" I declined again.

Calista didn't listen to me because her boyfriend called. She left my bed and went back to hers. She couldn't talk to me anymore because she was really focused on her boyfriend. Oh dear.

@Phoenix Henderson
Hey. What's up?

What should I reply to this?

"Calista! You reply to this. I'm not in the mood to talk," I said, tossing my phone to her. Thankfully, she caught it, even though she was busy with her own phone.

I ignored Calista because I want to finish what I'm doing. She can handle it. After this, I'll sleep. I'll delete the conversation later.

I have no interest in guys anymore. Since I started college, my focus has been on studying. Studies almost consume my energy. I really don't want to fail any class. I've never experienced that. And, I don't have any crush. Even if there are good-looking ones on the streets, they're just jerks.

There's only one I want.

I sighed at the thought. There it is again. I've been trying to forget it. It's been a long time.

I don't even know if he'll recognize me again.

I hope so.

Finally, I'm done, and I tidied up to sleep. Calista is already asleep. It's already midnight. I didn't follow my plan to sleep immediately after eating because of this review.

I grabbed the phone on Calista's bed, just to make sure it doesn't get slept on. I almost didn't open it, but something in me wanted to see it. My forehead wrinkled when I saw how long the conversation was. They're talking about all sorts of things.

I sighed when I saw the last message from the guy.

@Phoenix Henderson
I'm excited to see you tomorrow.

What the hell!