2/14

rewritten valentines special originally from main oneshot book <3

═══════

I woke up gasping for air after a horrifying nightmare. It was some kind of important day almost all the earth celebrated, and yet I could not remember the slightest of what today was about. I looked over to the wall which hung a calendar while putting on a loose sweater.

My mind was still groggy, so I waited until waking up finally set in.

On which marked today's date, February the 14th, was a heart shaped icon in black ink. These calendars usually come in blank, so remembering holidays was never my strong point.

Walking around my bedroom to hit my head recklessly would be pointless. Am I supposed to attend any errands?

"(y/n) honey! Are you awake yet?" My mother called from across the hallway.

"Yes, ma!" I yell back, rushing to find my beyblade and launcher. I placed them in my bag and headed out the door. There was an envelope under the doorway, which I also took with me.

"Sorry, goodbye!" I waved and slipped on my shoes like stepping on stones along the river. The driver greeted me and handed me a heart lollipop. I took my usual seat way back on the bus, but there were a lot of eager eyes on me today.

"What's that in that hand of yours, a love letter?" Toko asked. I could even hear some kids up front snicker at his remark. It was awfully quiet on the bus today.

"I'll read it later."

He raised an eyebrow but didn't question me. When the bus finally halted to a stop everyone stood up and rushed to go. Toko met me up front and we walked to our lockers together. "You've been looking funny. Forgetting what today is, maybe?"

"No." I flick my fingers at his cheeks. "Definitely not."

He gave the impression of knowing what was up with me. It happened quite often, and I never could hide anything. Out of anyone, Toko was the only one who could see through my disguises.

"Just in case you know, It's Valentines. I even forgot." He smiled at me before heading to his own class. "See you later!"

»--𓆩⟡𓆪--«

There was a symbol on the center of the envelope, and I tore off a small bit of the corners. I flip open the letter folded in four squares and read everything from top to bottom.

(y/n)

don't forget you have a valentine. meet up soon.

-s.k

My heart skipped a beat at the sight of his initials, and I knew exactly where he wanted to see me.

Shu's P.O.V

I was more than anxious, being startled by every noise. My instinct told me she was already on her way, and the doorbell rang. Amethyst, (y/n)'s cat jumped in through a window at a suspiciously perfect time.

The cat purred, and reached to jump over the door handle. "None of your business!" I try to keep the cat from the door. "Where did you even come from?"

Amethyst runs from place to place and the bell rings again, but I return to the door holding the cat tight between my arms. I slowly turned the handle, anticipating (y/n) -but it wasn't her. It was Valt. I let go of Amethyst.

"Shu, when are you telling her?"

"I- why are you asking?"

Another voice came from behind Valt. "Hi...Shu!" (y/n) stepped forward with hands full. "I brought some materials. What are we baking?"

"You knew, didn't you." I say flat, trying to steady my breathing from looking at her face. "Anything for the occasion."

Valt cheekily waved goodbye, clear that he was just here to set us up. (y/n) looks over my counter. "You might be burning something. Dazed out?" I look over at my pot of berries boiling, then glancing back at her. "I just started, I'm not burning anything."

I stepped toward the kitchen and continued with baking. (y/n) unpacked the food she brought, showing me a batch of decorations. "doesn't this look just like you?"

"No, it doesn't."

"Come on." (y/n) gave me a hug from behind, her chin leaning on my shoulders. "That looks really sweet."

Her gesture caught me off guard, shaking my head in response. "I can't focus if you keep doing that."

"What do you-"

I took a sample and spoon fed her with the jam, interrupting her sentence. "No more questions, okay?" When she finished tasting, I spooned another portion and told her to open her mouth.

(y/n) was reluctant but eventually caved, slightly parting her lips. "It's good-"

Instead of giving her the food, I took the opportunity to give her a kiss on the lips, satisfied with her flushed reaction. "Real sweet, isn't it?" I laugh.