🦇Chap. 00🦇

July 6, 2005

July 6, 2005

The strong wind rustled the branches of the trees. The day was truly sunny, causing furrowed brows.

...:"I hate the sun," she whispered with a furrowed brow.

..: "Do you think he'll like it?" the blonde girl asked for the fifth time. She stumbled a bit while speaking, her trembling hands clutching the cake, indicating her nervousness.

...: "Yes," she gave the same answer for the fifth time. "Sigh. You'll see he'll love it," she responded flaty.

..: "Do you think so, Chloe?" she asked this time excitedly.

Chloe: "Yes, I know he'll like it, Emma," she replied with a tiny smile.

Emma: "What a relief. I worked hard to make sure the cake didn't burn. Besides," she averted her gaze from the cake and looked at me accusingly, "you spent time with a cute guy yesrterday and didn't help me," she furrowed her brow.

Chloe: "I did help you," the girl automatically responded.

Emma: "Did I? Tell me how you helped me!," she reproached instantly with a slight doubt in her question.

Chloe: "I helped by tasting the mix and giving my opinion on how it turned out," she said in an attempt to defend herself.

Emma: "THAT DOESN'T COUNT!!". The girl responded/yelled at her friend.

They diverted the conversation towards anecdotes from the previous night and shared laughter. While they enjoyed the sunny day, the aroma of the freshly baked cake filled the air. However, in the distance, an invisible observer, a mysterious being, murmured under their breath.

...: "Nee-sama, that human is monopolizing Nee-sama's attention," he said furiously and sadly, watching how well the two friends got along. A feeling of jealousy and loneliness consumed him as he observed the connection between the two friends.

 A feeling of jealousy and loneliness consumed him as he observed the connection between the two friends