Seriously Mark!

Hi! I'm Amelia Baysul and I just moved from California to New York City. I now go to New York High School (NYHS) and it's barely different than before, except one thing. I met this guy named Jace. I know what your thinking, " Really girl! You can do better than some no good player named Jace!" But the truth is, I don't care what you think. Jace is extremely nice to me even if he is a small bit flirty too, I'm sure he just doesn't mean to flirt. The other thing is, I have a boyfriend in California, and my parents love him, but he's not a normal teenager. His name is Mark and he is the biggest goody too shoes I have ever seen. He is so nice to my parents and then he acts all weird and flirty around me and try's to kiss me when I tell him no! Like, seriously dude! I stopped him, but like dude, I'm only 16! That's still not that old! Also, he tells my parents he's in high school but really, he failed high school 4 times so he's retaking it as an adult. The worst thing of all is, I wanna break up with him, but I don't know how to. I wanna talk to Jace about it, but I'm scared Jace will push me away and call me a weirdo after I tell him. It's so annoying!

'Pop!' I grabbed an ego out of the toaster as I ran out the door and my mom yelled, " Have fun honey! Make good choices!" I yelled back a muffled reply and closed the door. I made it to school on time but barely so I had to rush. The second I got to my locker I saw Jace waiting for me. He said, " Hey Amelia! " and I said, "Hey Jace!" And then started opening my lock. He went back into his locker and continued grabbing his books, while I grabbed mine. Out of the side of my eye, I saw a guy walk past me, look at me, and smirk. Before I could stop and turn around, he was behind me. I cursed myself in my head and turned around to face him. Wait, " Mark?" I said as I dropped my books all over the floor. He said, " You dropped something honey buns." I rolled my eyes at him and picked up all my stuff. I also happened to notice that, Jace stopped moving next to me which meant he was eavesdropping. " What are you doing here Mark?" I asked him barely in a whisper.  He replied a little to loudly for my liking and said , " Is it so wrong that I miss my girlfriend so much that I move to her school?" I glared at him and said, " Ya, kinda!"
I grabbed my books, closed my locker, and walked away to my next class, before he could even say another word. I didn't care that he looked furious, I was so done with him. I heard someone call my name and whipped my head around to see who it was.  " Oh Jace! It's you!" He ran to catch up with me and asked, " Who was that back there? It looked like he bothered you quite a bit." I rolled my eyes and said, " Oh, him. That's Mark. He's my boyfriend but I don't want him to be." Jace looked suprised for a minute before he asked me another thing, " Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that! Have you told him you want to break up yet?" Wow this guy was smart! I looked at him and said, " No, but I think I should today. This is strange to ask of you, but do you mind coming with me after school to help me break up with him?" He smiled at me and said, " No. I wouldn't mind." I stopped and said, " This is my class. See you at lunch!" And turned around and he said bye back to me. I felt genuinely happy as I walked back in the door.

**Authors Note****
Hi! Thank you for reading my book and I hope you are enjoying it so far! I really like the way this is turning out so far and if you have any ideas, feel free to comment them! I hope you enjoy the rest of my book! Sorry if their is some grammar mistakes or something!