iii

Daphne yawned and forced her eyes open, too tired to move and just staring at the sky above.

'𝘞𝘩𝘺 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘢𝘮 𝘐 𝘭𝘰𝘰𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘴𝘬𝘺? 𝘋𝘪𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘦𝘴 𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘷𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘭𝘦𝘦𝘱? 𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬?!'

She thought to herself, pushing her body off the concrete that she had been asleep on, her face twisted in annoyance. She had been left in the middle of nowhere with not even so much as clue on where to go next.

Her magic pulsed beneath her skin, a warning of incoming danger, a purple glow forcing itself into her palms, and luckily just in time as four knives were thrown at her before the person gave up and threw themself at her. Using her magic she managed to freeze him in the air.

Being a goddess meant she was worship all across the globe, her story and good deeds told as a folk tale among cultures, and with such fame came many jealous witches who'd try to kill her and rob her powers. So she wasn't surprised why someone was attempting to assassinate her.

However she was particularly confused on why her mate was the one wishing on her death.

She may not have met him before but she could easily recognize him from her dreams, Kai Parker.

Both man and female stared at one another, the goddess with confusion and the siphon with what could be taken as fear.

Kai had been alone for longer than anyone should ever be, exiled from his coven after a mental breakdown resulting in him killing and maiming his younger siblings and removing the spleen of his twin.

The prison world was his personal hell, he wasn't even given the luxury of experiencing his mate dreams, the brunette beauty and British heartthrob becoming memories to be forgotten.

Until she appeared, but he'd been alone for so long, that type of thing drives a person insane, leaves them paranoid. He didn't believe she'd come here willingly, nor ever meet his bastard family and be put here with him, it wouldn't be much of a punishment for him if he had her.

So by his logic, she wasn't real, a trick made to torture him more than he did himself, but then she looked at him, with such betrayal and emotion he almost felt like he was betraying her, but it wasn't her.

He went to open his mouth, wanting to say something, anything, he didn't know. But she vanished, leaving behind only a necklace.

He held onto that necklace, because it gave him hope she'd be back, and she'd forgive him for his bad manners.

"The fuck.. " she whispered after her eyes shot open, Stefan starring at her weirdly from the passenger seat, drinking from a blood bag, "you was glowing in your sleep. Weirdo" he said dryly.

She flipped him off and sat up in the small space she had, she couldn't wait to get out the car.

Klaus was in the drivers seat, as usual, but wasn't paying attention to the road, eying the female through the rear view mirror. "I think it's best we stay at a hotel for a night, you don't look so hot. " he commented, switching routes.

(Short. Yes. But granted this draft was made in January, it's fine)