Familiar Cycle

"Shit,shit,shit"

I muttered through my breath. The city went by and the clouds slowly flouted away. The walls filled with graffiti and posters soon left and cool air arrived. The smell of premade food and salty snacks embraced me. I soon made my way to the back. Smoke smack my face, there sitting there was my manager who was smoking his life away not even noticing my late arrival.

" Good morning, Russia" he said with smoke spilling from his mouth. Clearly, this wasn't the 1st box of cigarettes but I decided it was best not to answer.

I left the the familiar room and went to the back. There sitting was a pile of boxes neatly stacked. Inside were bags of snacks ready to be opened. Next to it were cans of seltzer stacked one by one like the honeycomb in a bee hive. Soon the shelves were filled with a multitude of snacks and drinks all organized by brand and color. In the end, it most likely gets destroyed by the mobs of broke students and hungry children.

I made my way to the register, the bright sun greeted and warmed me to the core. Outside of the window were workers rushing out to find some means of lunch in the barren city. I wonder if Ukraine is handling the workforce well. She can sometimes be an airhead and often thinks about her family than herself. This sometimes leads to her being overworked even though Belarus never sees it, it is quite obvious after all she is starting a boarding school. Ukraine has been working her back trying to pay the tuition. This does mean I have to work extra hours which is a pain but there's no point in not working.

After all, society doesn't care about people who don't succeed, people who never had the luxury to come back, and people who drag society behind.
-

I sighed as I walked out, a day with entitled customers is enough to make someone mad.

Although there is one thing that I needed to do. My father's death was today and it was my job to visit him. His grave once adorned with chamomile now withered and decayed. I placed down my lunch and leaned on the old piece of rock.

"Ruski! Let's go"

"Fine, one second"

The snow crunches under the heavy footsteps and snowflakes, delicate and imperfect falls from the sky in uniform rows. Ice takes over the lake and skates soon ruin the perfect ice.

"Ruski! Slow down" screamed Kazakhstan

As I held his hand and skated through the lake, his expressions changed from happy to a face filled with regret which was  almost laughable. Always scared of a little risk now and then. Ukraine was behind me teaching Georgia how to skate. Her method of teaching is sometimes slower than my method which is by experimentation but I digress.

The others were making snowmen as there weren't enough skates for everyone. It was nice back then but of course, it wasn't the best as sometimes we would have to wear the same clothes for a month but at least it was something.

"Time for dinner." A familiar voice called out it father cold and unnerving after taking care of all 15 od us i too would be dead inside. Dinner was heartwarming, after the cold day the food was enough to warm us up. Father doesn't like talking much so he sits upstairs in his room while we eat and talk. Not much to talk about so it just became a game of who could eat the most food out of everyone which was difficult since no one was allowed for extras, so came the bargaining and selling.

Bedtime was the longest and most boring of the days since sleeping doesn't take as many calories. Father makes us sleep early and wake up late. Although it wasn't as bad as I was with Ukraine, we both entertained ourselves with stories in an imaginary world where we would live on top of a city and be the highest patron of them all. Too bad it was never going to happen. Not in this lifetime anyways.

Its getting late

author note: how do you use wattpad?? Also happy new years

word count: 703