Part 2

Okay, I can't. I am too impatient for my own good, and here is the part 2 of this story. I hope you guys enjoy this, and remember, I literally wrote the entire story in a single day, so any mistakes, ignore them please! I have rechecked it again and again, do point out if you saw anything I missed.

Happy reading everyone!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Vis, are you ready?" Toni asked, suppressing the urge to just let it go and not retrieve the Mind stone. Vision wasn't merely her child, but he was also the last thing that reminded her of JARVIS. What if messing with the Mind stone messed with JARVIS as well? What if his voice was lost to her forever as well.

Vision gave her a comforting smile, understanding clear on his face, before he nodded. "I am ready, Toni, Miss Shuri." He turned to the young genius, who gave him a thumbs up and a wink in return.

"Come on mama bear, he will be fine." Shuri said from her place behind the computer, ready to take the stone out.

Toni rolled her eyes at the two kids. "You, little princess, are absolute worse." She pointed her finger at the lady, who raised her hands in surrender.

Toni took a deep breath, glancing at Vision one more time, before stepping back. Removing the Mind stone was necessary, otherwise Vis would be a direct target. And as much as she trusted her abilities to protect him, she didn't want to take any risks.

Removing the stone was an excruciatingly long process. And Toni clenched her fists, observing how Shuri worked mechanically on the AI. Meanwhile she monitored any distress or fluctuations appearing on her screen.

An hour later, Vision stood up, this time with a miniature arc-reactor in the place where the Mind Stone used to reside.

"Vis?" Toni asked, wincing at the tremor in her voice.

"Toni." Vision smiled back, and Toni nearly slumped in relief at the voice which remained the same.

"Now, the Mind stone..." Shuri spoke up, holding up he innocent, little gem that was anything but innocent.

Toni snorted to herself. "I don't know about you, but I am not touching that thing." She still remembered what Space stone had done to her. She still couldn't remember anything from her blackout. And every time her gut was screaming that it was something incredibly important.

Her dreams were vague, where she remembered talking with someone, but couldn't identify whom. If touching Space stone had done this, she didn't want to imagine what Mind stone would do to her.

"A prudent choice, Stark." She snapped her head up, noticing Loki entering the lab. Frowning a little.

"I don't remember inviting you, reindeer games." Loki scrunched his nose at the nickname before scoffing.

"A god doesn't need an invite. I felt the shift in the universe and realized that the Mind stone was independent once again." Loki eyed the stone warily, and she could understand his discomfort. After all he had been tortured by the stone. Even though it was Thanos who did the torturing, Mind stone had still fucked up his head a lot.

"So," Shuri broke the silence, "when should we lock it away?"

"As soon as possible." Toni answered without a second thought.

Loki gave a nod, "I shall see if Wong is free or not." With that, he vanished from his place.

Toni rolled her eyes, irritated by his ability to teleport whenever, as well as intrigued.