+ SPLINTERED GLASS | JANUARY +

+ 18.01.24. - 30.01.24. +

TW: Anxiety, Body dysmorphia, Bullying, Depression, Family problems, Slight gore, Sexual activities (bdsm), Vulgar language

+ + +

Kim Jacques and Hwang Kurtis both endured the faults of bullying, yet somehow turned out so differently. While Kurtis chose to hide away, Jacques became whom he hated while Kurtis and Jacques became worst enemies. Yet somehow, one things leads to another, and the enemies seem too fond to just be enemies. [two stories]

+ + +

                    + Blue Satin Cloth [story one]

"FUCK, HE'S COMING over." Kurtis whispers to himself, burying his words with his hidden breath and black mask; muffling himself with the waves of the crowding people. It becomes common, talking to yourself, when there is no one else to talk to in the first place; one gets used to such when living amid splintered glass.

Kurtis attempts to crouch behind his locker door, as though the flimsy piece of metal would be able to devour his entire being; but it turns out not to be as effective as he wants to believe.

An unexpected BANG fills the ears of the clustered students, as it eventually finds its way beside Kurtis' face. The hairs on the back of his neck stands, feeling the presence of Jacques' towering figure, his shadow engulfing Kurtis whole.

Quietly and cautiously, Kurtis turns himself around, glaring up at Jacques with a frightened gaze. Jacques reaches out a still hand, not having to say a word for Kurtis to know what he wants.

Sighing, the shorter boy reaches within his pocket, taking out a few crumpled dollars and shakily setting it amid his hand.

Jacques smirks in accomplishment, keeping his conceited gaze fixed upon Kurtis' cowering figure as he puts the money away in his back pocket.

He leans down slightly, so his lips are directly beside the shorter boy's ear, whispering, "Don't think too much about missing lunch, I like them skinny anyways."

Kurtis grimaces at Jacques' prickling words, stinging his brain with its slim needles.

"Why, of all people, do I have to be your victim?" Kurtis thinks out loud, speaking lowly as to not have his peers hear.

Jacques pulls away deliberately, "You know why," the sly tone leaving his voice, the smugness fading from his face.

And with that, Jacques exits, parting with a burning glare that shoots like a bullet.

Kurtis leans back, limbs subconsciously shaking, "Why did I have to be the one to know his secret?"

The ringing bell alerts him, dragging him away from his thoughts. And like so, the crowding people leave as well; and once more, he just becomes someone muffled within the waves.

+

There are two types of people in this world: ones who live one life, and ones who live multiple.

Everyone is always hiding something; everyone has a secret. Some more shallow, some more deep—but a secret is a secret, and it remains hidden for a reason.

In Jacques' case, he's living two completely different lives. Whilst in school, he plays House. He acts as though everything is perfect, as though he is perfect, despite how far that may be from the truth; because it is easier to smile than it is to be in pain.