+ STARS FALLING | JAN-FEB +

+ 24.01.24. - 06.02.24. +

TW: Mentions of abuse, Anxiety, Slight body dysmorphia, Depression, Family problems, Mental illness, Mentions of suicide, Vulgar language

+ + +

Katalin Ashcroft wants to be perfect; and according to her, Levi Raskopf is perfect. One night, all of the academic pressure, anger and distress happen to spill out all at once; while these lovers, who are still strangers up to this moment, are united at last. [3 stories]

+ + +

                    + Sunsets Whining [story one]

SUNSETS ARE LIKE whines. They drag out to be impossibly long, as light drips away into black, alike squinted eyes. But the best part about it is the silence afterwards—the unexpected peace. Finally, they've shut up! They've all shut up!

Yet why is it, for some godforsaken reason, that it's so loud right now?

Are the stars falling? Crying like tears, through the squinted eyes that only reveal darkness. It sure seems to be, or at least blurring into lines of glow; shiny smudged things finding themselves amid this large blanket of nothingness—how did you find yourself in this nothingness?

The night has fallen, yet the whines somehow haven't—still yelling with blaring cries; how is the sun still up? Shit, sorry, that's the moon. I haven't realised. I haven't realised it became dark outside.

But it's been dark for so long. Then I must've not remembered. Why am I here again? Why did I come outside? What is happening?

A second's worth of peace—yes, what you're searching for within the night. In the second's worth of peace, all is forgotten. But Time moves by in skipping moments, like skipping children that travel so fast; can't Time just trip and fall sometimes? Can't she just give me a second more?

"Katalin!" whom I recognise to be Levi, or Lee—as everyone named him, calls out. I turn half-heartedly, feeling my smile fade, like the dragged out whines, dragging out into silence. This is Time throwing you a punch. She is not your friend. Catch it before it lands, or else you'll be the one to fall.

I stand still, because it's easier not to move when stuck; and Lee scurries over to me with a slight jog. He stares at me with his glass-framed eyes, blue and worried, setting his pair of gentle hands upon my two shoulders

"Katalin..." Lee repeats with a whisper, "what happened?"

"What do you mean 'what happened'?" I retort with a grin.

"Well you kind of just ran out when they started talking about grades, and report cards—" Lee is cut off with a sudden yell—AHH!

"What the fuck was that for?" he loudly questions.

"Don't... don't talk about... about..." my sentence trails into a hushed word, "grades."

Lee begins talking quietly too, as though mimicking me, "Why... why not?"

I turn away, the uncontrollable grin making its way upon my face once more while giggles slip out in broken fits.

"Hey, hey," he halts me when I begin walking, "why not?"

"Because–because–" the giggles break my words, "because I don't want my mom and dad to stare at me the way they always do."

"What... what way?" Lee asks.