Chapter Six

It was the forenoon of December 28th, as the three children were upstairs playing. Diane is watching television about a boy with unique mind; he is wearing a polo and bowtie, he's having dinner with his family. He put on his mitten as he was worried if his old brother have washed his hands, the father sighed and the mother says,

"Let him be" She says

"He can hold hands with his family" The father says.

"Georgie, did you even washed your hands or even this week?"

"None of your business" He says sternly and glared at him.

"Hence the mittens" the boy says.

On the other hand, Arlene is washing the dishes, sonorous laughter upstairs, emits of television, the sink running water; emits of doorbell ringing crept throughout the house. Diane, merely just watching a TV; got up and went to the door, to her surprise it is her parents and Marissa.

Enshrouded with bewilderment, she asks "What are you guys doing here? Come in, come in. "

They were in the living room when Alain says, "Well, we were thinking for you guys visit your hometown for awhile might as well show Arlene where you grew up and to celebrate new  year".

Diane is precarious about it and she wanted to celebrate new year's eve here with the kids and Arlene; just the five of them however, a bit tentative for she haven't visited there for awhile. Arlene walked in and saw them, also the three children walked downstairs and were delighted they saw their grandparents once again.

"Granpops!" they said simultaneously.

"So what are you guys talking about, may I ask?" Arlene inquires ignoring Marrisa. Headed straight to Diane's side, taking the older hand in hers.

"We were thinking if you can celebrate new year's in our hometown with us, just us adults" Hector says.

She wanted to agree yet she doesn't want because for she'll have to be celebrate with Marissa, Arlene is a woman with ingenuity, she knows who's deceiving her. Not only that she didn't want the kids to feel lonely; it's their first new year without them after all.

"What 'bout us? " Tina asks.

"Yeah, what 'bout us? " Lewis and Neil asks, saying it at the same time.

The two grown woman look at eachother, Diane raised her brows thus rubbed Arlene's hand. The smaller was lost in her thoughts, everyone's anticipating for her answer. "You three will be staying at grandmas house.

The three squealed out of excitement because they haven't seen their grandmas for a while. Apart from that they wanted to see again their antique collections.

"All right, you should pack your necessary thi—" Arlene's statement is left unfinished and her mouth in agape as they run upstairs and came back showing that they already packed up.

"We're already packed up" the three says at the same time.

"How'd you—" Diane asks but her statement as well left unfinished.

"weknewitallalongsowepackedupbeforehand" The three said quickly putting Eminem in defeat. The adults laughed at the children's foolishness; Marissa was smiling at Arlene in which was returned half heartedly

They eventually packed up their necessities for the trip and got ready, Arlene is upstairs packing her things—annoyed that she has to celebrate new year's with that woman. She sighed annoyingly, her door is wide open and Diane walked in.

"Something wrong? " She asks and chuckles, just seeing Arlene all worked up was really a sight to see. She wanted to bring up what happened last night but meh it's better to not remind the younger.