↳ * 𝙨𝙚𝙘𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣 𝙓𝙄𝙓 * ༉‧₊˚✧

❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖ ❁

❁ ≖≖✿❁ ≖≖ ❁

The white serpent that belonged to Obani was lopped around your arm, its cool, white scales constricting your warm skin slightly. His red eyes peered at you as you checked him out for any illness and diseases. Obani sat in front of you watching you work.

About six months have passed since you've been dating the Sound Hashira Tengen and his wives. The five of you have grown used to one another so you saw no reason to rebuild a new home; Not like they would've let you move out anyway. The mere mention of it before deciding to live with them, Suma would start bawling, Makio would challenge you to wrestle to not to move out, Hinatsuru would come up with reasons why staying with them was beneficial, and lastly, Tengen told you it was disrespectful to a god like him to just move out.

"...So", Obani asked.

"Kaburamaru is healthy", you answered as you stopped squeezing the side of his snake's mouth, this helped you be able to keep his mouth open to observe the inside of it. Once you released the corner of his jaw the snake stuck its tongue out tasting the air. "Good job little guy", you cooed at the snake.

Kaburamaru reached out, extending from your wrist to brush up against your cheek. You smiled at the snake before handing him back to Obani. Kaburamaru slides back around Obani's neck.

"No mouth rot, any parasites worms, or skin infections", you said. "He's healthy".

"Good", Obani said gently caressing his snake's head.

"You know you could've just gone to see Shinobu about his health", you suggested. "They specialize in human health", Obani stated, his heterochromia that resembled the sun and moon settled onto you. "You're the Beast Hashira, might as well put your name to good use".

"It's always such a pleasure to sit with you", you smiled tensely. You glance down and see Kabamaru slithered across the ground to crawl onto your lap. You offered your hand outwards him for him to loop around your fingers before lifting him.

"You're lucky your snake is cute", you commented.

"Very lucky", Obani said covering his bandaged mouth momentarily with his sleeve. "Sometimes I wonder why Mitsuri likes you", you sighed. "At least I'm not sleeping around", Obani commented. "Nothing wrong with having fun, you should try it sometime", you smiled. "It is when it's married people", he said. "The fact they're all married to one another as well? I would never stoop that low".

A glare grew onto your face matching his. A tense silence overtakes the both of you. The stare down the both of you engaged in was enough to turn the sky into eternal night and set the ground aflame, to scorch the earth until no life was left to thrive on it.

Soon afterward a laugh tore from your throat. "Now that's a good one", you laughed wiping a stray tear from your eye. "I have my moments", Obani hummed.