CHAPTER 1

"My brave warriors, the hour of destiny is upon us. Before us lies the battlefield from where our ancestors call to us. You are not mere soldiers but the guardians of this sacred land and the protectors of this kingdom. Do not let fear cloud your hearts and let the courage guide you.

We fight not just for ourselves but to continue the legacy of the ones we left behind and for the generations yet to come. We stand as a testament to the unwavering spirit that defines our people. Today we write a new chapter of bravery that will be remembered for eternity. Now go forth my warriors. For honour! For glory! For the Kim dynasty!"

The day had finally dawned upon the two kingdoms. This was the day that would be remembered for generations to come. A battle between the two most powerful kingdoms.

The morning mist hung over the expanse of the muddy battlefield, and the soft rays of the sun cast a faded golden hue on the armours of the soldiers. The two sides faced each other with unwavering resolve. On one side, the Kim Dynasty led by King Kim Taehyung, and on the other was the Kang Dynasty under King Kang Jinwoo.

Under the reign of Kim Taehyung, the Kim Dynasty had managed to expand their control over seven territories within four years. Kang would be their eighth and most important capture as it was one of the most prosperous kingdoms in the east and having that land and its resources under the Kim dynasty would make them unstoppable.

With the final order the battle commenced. The battlefield erupted into a symphony of chaos. The arrows left the bows and tried to find gaps in between the shields, the cavalry shook the ground and the sharp swords shone under the sunlight as the armies of the two kingdoms clashed. The air was thick with the scent of metal and sweat. The two Kings on the field were ready to give it all as the weight of their kingdoms rested on their shoulders.

Amidst the chaos a figure in brown caught the eyes of King Taehyung. His technique and power seemed impossible to comprehend. His armour was scarred with the attacks he had endured and blooded with the ones he had inflicted. He moved with so much grace despite the brutality of the battle and his every move was so carefully calculated.

The determination on his face and the intensity in his eyes showed his undying spirit. The scar on his cheek was a mark of the countless battles he had fought and won.

The King found himself momentarily distracted which made him vulnerable but he snapped back before it was too late.

As the day drew close a sense of triumph spread through the Kim kingdom. The battle had ended with the death of Kang Jinwoo and the capture of the remaining soldiers of Kang. They were now prisoners who had been tied and lined up and were awaiting their judgment.

Taehyung scanned the line of prisoners and spotted him again, the soldier who made him lose his guard.

Taehyung approached the line of prisoners and stopped right next to him. He stood tall, defiant despite the chains that bound him.

"Soldier," Taehyung's voice echoed across the battlefield, "you fought with valour and your bravery is something I respect despite your defeat. What is your name?". The silence that followed was loud. "Do I need to repeat myself soldier?" The King asked again.

"I'm not obligated to respond to individuals of your kind." The soldier's defiance spoke volumes. Taehyung's gaze in itself was enough to strike fear in anyone who met his eyes but this soldier seemed to be fearless.

The air crackled with tension. Everyone muttered under their breaths, their voices barely audible over the shock that took over. This act, however, made him more interesting to Taehyung. Did this man not fear death or was he a brainwashed fool?

"You shall not meet the same fate as your comrades. You are spared soldier." Taehyung said. Taehyung saw him as a useful asset. He could tame him, use him as a war machine.

"I'd prefer death over your sympathy." The soldier replied feeling irritated by the unnecessary pity he was receiving. Defeat was taught to be shameful to him. "I would rather die than live with disgrace." He added.

"Marshal Namjoon, execute them all.." The King paused, then continued, "..except this one. We shall take him with us."

Kim Namjoon obeyed.

The soldier, still held in chains, attempted to resist, but despite his struggle to free himself he was dragged by Marshal Namjoon and Commander-in-Chief Min Yoongi into the kingdom and thrown into the palace dungeons.