Prologue

"Ugh! Why can't I win?!" I yelled angrily, wanting to throw the controller at the screen infront of me. It felt like my patience was being tested. Nakakainis sobra. "The game is rigged." I gritted my teeth.

In all honesty, I'm not fond of video games. Gusto ko lang matutunan yung laro na nilalaro nila palagi kasi— there was this one time na pinasalabungan ko sila ng doughnuts and they just took a glance at it before continuing to play!

Such an ungrateful brats, hmp!

"It's our second round playing this game and, it's the fifth time we changed the game para lang manalo ka man lang. The games aren't rigged." Ashianna laughed before teasing me, "Hindi ka lang talaga marunong maglaro."

"Don't be too harsh on her, Shin. She's still learning. Inaasar mo pa." Cathlyn said as she pat my shoulder.

I knew that she was trying to console me but, I stretched my arms and groaned, "That just makes me feel more bitter, Cath."

"I appreaciate you wanting to learn the game for us," She smiled, "but, don't put too much effort, Celi-bear. Matututo ka rin in no time."

Ashianna chuckled, "Or not."

"Shut up or I'll tell Ryle that you're stalking him." I hissed.

"FYI, I'm not stalking him!" Ashianna defensively crossed her arms, "I'm just gathering some informations as his future wife."

I looked at her with disbelief written all over my face, "Says who?"

"Me, duh! the most suitable wife for Ryle Thorne." She smiled proudly. "Invited kayo sa wedding namin."

Cathlyn cleared her throat, "Hey, stop arguing like kids, my mom might hear you." I sticked out my tongue at Ashianna after Cathlyn spoke in between us, Ashianna then raised her middle finger at me and mouthed a curse. "Tigilan niyo sabi 'yan." Cathlyn warned.

"Girls!" We heard, Mrs. Murray, Cathlyn's mom called out for us, "You're going to be late on your first day if you keep on playing with those silly games!"

"Coming, mom!" Cathlyn answered, "We're just packing things up here." She then grabbed the controllers, I then helped her pull the wires and fold it properly. I took a glimpse at my reflection on Cathlyn's vanity mirror.

"I look so tired na." I said as I touched my cheeks, still looking at myself at the mirror. "The day haven't even started yet."

"Here. We need to retouch our make-up before going." Ashianna brought my make-up kit along with hers, she placed our make-ups on top of Cathlyn's vanity. As I reached out on my powdered blush, my phone chimmed. "Let me guess, another fling or one of your suitors?" she then raised one of her eyebrows at me.

"It's probably Val." I answered while shaping my eyebrows, I didn't even bulge to check on my phone. "He's asking for a second chance. How cute, right?" I asked sarcastically.

Ashianna reacted quickly, "I heard that he and the girl he cheated with when you two were in a relationship broke up lang last month, tapos he has the guts to ask for a second chance just because nag-break sila ng pinalit niya sa'yo? Ang kapal ng face niya, I just can't— ha!"

Valentine Jimenez, he's my ex from tenth grade. We broke up because he cheated on me with his bestfriend. I also realized that he was basically grooming me. I was 16 and he was 21 for God's sake!