gábot

s e v e n

It's been a day since Fum left the grotto. My lucky day as no one pesters me every hour. But I'd admit, his cooking was quite freaking good. That's the only thing I miss about that dumbass.

"Let's call it a day. Those who have a duty, contact Delta. He has additional instructions. Dismissed."

The Oplons take Arrie's command as they place their right fist onto their left chest. It was a traditional gesture of the Bloodcrest.

They were the last batch of oplon who had a training with us. 

I stared at them while playing with the dagger in my hand. When they started to depart the training ground, I threw the dagger in the direction of a Lycan who became my sparring partner today. He dodged it and glanced at me with a traumatic expression.

"Use that shit to practice your short-range combat."

He acknowledged my suggestion by mistakenly treating it as a command when he made the gesture. He tried to hide his nervousness and be a warrior but I can sense his shit. Fucking dork.

Arrie shook her head while smirking. "Who knows you'd tame Jericho? He was a candidate for the position of Delta. Quite distant and cold to anyone."

"How come Fum got that job?"

Arrie laughed and sat with me on the grass.

"It's not a job that you were thinking about, Luna. It's more like a responsibility and honor to help Alpha in keeping the clan stable and safe."

"Sounds fucking the same to me," I shrugged and stretch my arms. It has bruises and blood but not deep enough to care about. It's part of my day routine.

"So? Does Fum pester that Alpha to have it?"

"Fum always do that to everyone. That's the way he is. And Alpha might choose him because of that."

"Is he crazy?"

Arrie smiled.

"Alpha knows that the clan needs balance. With a straight face like me and Julo, how can we make them feel warm and not distant?"

"So he's the clown of this group. That makes sense."

Arrie laughed and rose. She offered me a hand which I gladly accepted.

"I don't know what it means but it does not sound like a name fit to him. Fum might agitate you from time to time, but he's protective as hell to anyone in our clan. Especially to you, Luna."

My forehead crinkled.

Arrie doesn't know the word clown and Fum was a fucking bittersweet child? Makes sense especially when I remember his snarl and stance back to that manor where I shot a wild animal. That dumbass might radiate rainbow every day but I realized that he could be a maniac killer with that bloodthirsty presence that I felt from him that day.

Everyone here was like my exons. Ticking to explode at any moment and living in this grotto made me think that I was less barbaric compared to their feral.

Arrie asked me to have dinner with them. This is the only meal we have in common. But for them, it was like their first proper meal of the day.

Surprisingly, I declined. 

Offering me food is tempting but socializing is the hindrance towards my temptation. They usually share this meal with oplons. That sounds fun but I'm done socializing for this day. My body felt fucking numb and tired.

Arrie was not kidding when she said that Jericho was a few steps ahead of being a Delta. That lycan almost has a quarter of her strength.

Fum never agreed to have sparring with me so I never know his capabilities. That dork doesn't want to punch me like I'm the most fragile shit he's ever seen.