Chapter 1 Childhood

- What do you plan to do when you leave here? the psychologist asks me.

- I have no idea... And to be honest, I don't care .

- Do you care? She questions me.

- Well done! That's exactly what I just said , I responded sarcastically.

- Mr. Angel, please.

- Excuse me doc. All things considered, maybe I'll go to my father's grave.

- And your mother?

- You're kidding, doc! She killed my father, I'm certainly not going to pay tribute to her. It's all because of her! If she hadn't beaten me my whole life and killed him, none of this would have happened, I told her, smoking.

She writes something down on her paper and looks up.

- If someone had asked me the question when I was crying or when I was covering my bruises, if someone had listened to my father at the police station, if they had accepted his complaint and if they had protected us, we would not wouldn't t be there.

- You mean your father tried to press charges?

- Yes, but no one listened to him. Even our family turned their backs on us. I answer.

- However, I know that they are waiting for you outside, just behind these walls. She admitted to me.

-I am 23 years old. I joined here when I was 13. I have already submitted my letter for military service as a sniper and dog handler. I was accepted last week. My uncle brought me the young dog he trained for me, he is 4 years old. And my father trained me to shoot, I'm the youngest in the family who knows how to handle a gun.

- Your uncle? She asks me while writing down.

- Yes, my father's brother. He's my only family, well, he's the only one I've kept in touch with. He's the only one who knows.

-And for all that? She told me calmly.

- Don't worry doc, they have a psych unit, just in case.

Finally, maybe I will miss her. This psychologist had always been there, since I came back here, she has accompanied me.

- Oh, so much the better. And for writing?

- I will take the time to write to you doc. I said to him smiling.

- And your notebook?

- I will continue to write in it, you have my word.

This old notebook was sent to me by my uncle so that I could write and free myself a little.

- You've come a long way since you've been here. She said to me with a sparkling smile.

- Thanks to you doc.

- I think it's time to go, Angel. She adds, handing me a paper with her address.

- Would you agree to accompany me, doc? I ask him shyly.

- Of course, Angel!

****

I just collected my things and I'm heading towards the main door of the prison. Behind, I can already see my "family". Further away my real family awaits me, my uncle with my dog. My uncle, knowing I was a fan of mythology, named my dog ​​Cerberus. He waits near his black pickup truck, a book that I know well in one hand and in the other a bag from my favorite restaurant. I wonder if my favorite sushi still tastes the same.