Chapter:2

After gracefully sinking into the plush car seat, Isha turned to Ronit, her eyes shimmering with sincerity.

"You know, Ronit, I understand that you're a little irritated with me right now. But honestly, I didn't want to trouble you for such a small matter. Also I had this backup plan to ring up Pinky ( Isha's friend who resides nearby) . She was planning to leave late anyway."

Ronit's expression softened, his voice filled with a mix of affection and concern.
"Isha, it ain't about the issue itself. What really gets to me is when you keep stuff from me."

Isha tried to interject, saying, "But Ronit, it's seriously not a big deal..."

Cutting her off, Ronit looked into her eyes and said,

"I know I might sometimes go a bit overboard, but it's only because I love you so damn much."

"I love you too"   Isha blushed .

They were about to lean in for a kiss when Ronit's cellphone started ringing, interrupting the moment..

It was from his office, and he had to pick it up. His colleague informed him that there was an important meeting in an hour and a half, and he had to be there.

After the phone conversation, Ronit let out a sigh and started the car.

"See, this is why I didn't tell you. You always have so much work and these unexpected meetings," Isha sulked.

"Isha, I can handle it all!
Watch how fast I fly my car to your venue, then go straight to my office. After the meeting, I'll come to pick you up!! "
Ronit proudly declared, increasing the speed of his car.

"Let's see, but don't cause an accident in the process!" Isha teased.

"Don't worry, I know how to use the brakes...Unlike a certain Madam cyclist!"  Ronit smirked .

"Ugh, I'm not talking to you!!"  Isha rolled her eyes.

With a mischievous smile on his face, Ronit kept on driving.

******

Isha reached the venue and congratulated the bride, her friend Simone. She's one of the friends Isha made during the cycle race in Malaysia.

"Congratulations Simone! You make such a beautiful bride," Isha gave Simone a hug.

"I'm so glad you came, Isha," Simone said holding her hands.

Simone noticed the engagement ring on Isha's finger and exclaimed, "Wait, are you engaged?! Congratulations to you too! You didn't tell me anything."

"I know, thank you. (Smiles) Actually, everything happened so fast! The engagement was sudden.. There was no ceremony ! The wedding still has a few months to go. You definitely have to come!" Isha explained.

"Sure, I would love to!" Simone gleefully replied.

******

After successfully wrapping up the deal, Ronit and his team decided to take a break at the cafeteria. However, there was an undeniable restlessness in Ronit's demeanor that caught the attention of his colleague, Mindy. Mindy, sensing that something was amiss asked " Isha?"

" What Isha?" Ronit pretended to be clueless.

"You've been here for 10 minutes and checked your watch more than 10 times! I bet it has something to do with Isha! " , Mindy replied with a sly smile.

"Yeah, actually I'm supposed to pick her up from somewhere. I still have time though!" Ronit said with a sheepish grin on his face.

"Then we won't keep you any longer. Akhir dil da mamla hai!! (It's a matter of the heart, after all!)", Mindy shot back with a sly smile.

"If you insist, sure!" , Ronit winked.

Without wasting another moment, Ronit swiftly grabbed the croissant from his plate, taking quick bites as he hurriedly made his way to his car.