Chapter:3

Isha was glued to her phone, anticipating  Ronit's call.

"Will he manage to come? Should I give him a ring? Nah, he's probably tied up in a meeting,"
Isha thought to herself.

Just then, Pinky came to Isha and offered to give her a lift. Isha told Pinky she would inform Ronit about it first. As soon as she started typing her SMS, her phone started ringing... It was Ronit.

Isha picked up her phone "Hello Ronit," she started, her voice filled with anticipation.
"I was just about to inform you Pinky's gonna drop me home. So, you don't need to..."

But before she could finish, Ronit's voice interrupted, "Isha! I have already arrived."

"Already?" Isha's surprise was evident.

"Yeah, about 10 mins ago." Ronit declared proudly.
"Didn't call you thought you might be busy enjoying the function!" He added.

"Yeah, you shouldn't have come so fast...I was enjoying a lot. Now since you've already come, I'm coming, no choice," Isha teased, a mischievous glint in her eye as she winked at Pinky.

On the other side of the phone , Ronit  made a face and was about to respond but Pinky swiftly took the phone from Isha's hand.

"Hi Ronit! Pinky here. She is lying; she has been waiting for your phone call since forever!!! It seems like your "dotcom" has hacked her mind! " Pinky's voice chimed in.

Ronit, overwhelmed by the news, couldn't contain his happiness.

"So , Isha Puri! you do sometimes miss me! " Ronit thought to himself.

He gleefully replied to Pinky,
"I know Pinky! that's why we need truthful people like you for our news portal! Now send your liar friend to me!"

"On it!" Pinky replied playfully.

Pinky handed the phone back to Isha,

"Are you my friend or his?!" Isha rolled her eyes.

"Yours! that's why I made things easier for you. You need to express your love more!" Pinky's voice teased.

Isha let out a sarcastic chuckle and made her exit.

******

Isha settled herself in Ronit's car and locked the door. Ronit started the car.

"So, Ronit..how was your meeting? How did you manage to..."

"Pinky said you were waiting for me..." Ronit interrupted.

"Oh that' ..I mean I .." Isha's cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

Cutting her off, Ronit smirked, "...but I don't think she was telling me the truth," playfully teasing her.

"Why would you say that?" Isha's brow furrowed in confusion.

"Yeah, I know you don't miss me, you don't even care if I came....Actually, you didn't want me to pick you up, that's why you asked Pinky to drop you!! "

Ronit sulked with a mischievous glint in his eyes.  He basically pretended to be upset.

"Ronit....that's not true. I thought you might be busy....but deep down...I ... I...wanted you to come.." Isha said softly.

That confession brought a smile to Ronit's face, and he smoothly pulled the car into a nearby parking spot.

Staring at her with affection, he asked, "So why don't you tell me you want me?"

Isha lowered her gaze and softly said, "Ronit!"

"So you don't want me? I KNEW it!" Ronit teased.

"Uff Ronit! I didn't say that!"

"Then you do?"

"Yes," Isha looked up, meeting Ronit's gaze filled with longing.

Ronit slowly leaned in, his gaze flickering between Isha's eyes and her lips. As Isha was about to touch Ronit's face with her hand, her expression suddenly changed. She noticed something around Ronit's lips.

"What?" Ronit asked, confused.

"Did you eat something? You have crumbs around your lips!" Isha asked, amused.

"Yes, a croissant," Ronit replied, a little embarrassed.

"Oh Ronit!" Isha found it really cute .

Ronit started blabbering , "I was in a hurry, was eating so fast then driving..."

He proceeded to pull out his handkerchief.
Isha stopped him by placing her hand on his. "Let me.."

Isha started cleaning up the crumbs around his lips by gently stroking with her thumb. Ronit felt a shiver run down his spine at her touch. He closed his eyes, savoring the moment...Suddenly, Isha paused..When he opened his eyes, he saw Isha's face inches away, her gaze locked with his.

Before he could react, Isha closed the distance, planting a soft kiss on his lips. Ronit was in a trance..... he leaned in and deepened the kiss.... They were completely lost in each other.....forgetting the world around them until Isha's phone started ringing....

It was her sister, Sanya.

"Hello," Isha sounded breathless after the intense kissing and the shock of suddenly getting a call from her sister.

"Isha, are you okay? !Why do you sound weird!?"

Isha quickly adjusted herself and replied, "What?! No! I sound normal. Must be a network problem!"

Ronit gave her a sly smile, and Isha gave him a look to behave.

"Anyways, where are you? We have been waiting for you!" Sania asked.

Isha quickly gestured for Ronit to start the car and replied to Sanya, "Just coming. I'm on my way!"
With that, she hung up her phone as Ronit started the car.