Be My Baby | L. Norris

Based on the song Look After You by The Fray

Summary: You and Lando slowly but surely realize that you're falling in love with each other.

Warnings: none just fluff.

Lando was holding all the bags for you while you shopped, and it was getting hard to hold them all in one hand

Lando was holding all the bags for you while you shopped, and it was getting hard to hold them all in one hand. But he wanted—no, needed to keep his other hand free so he would be able to hold yours as you walked side by side.

Then, you spotted the next store you wanted to walk into, dropping Lando's hand and while he followed you, his hand felt a tad too empty.

If I don't say this now, I will surely break

Lately, Lando has been looking at you a little too long for it to be considered anything less than a relationship, but every time he looked away, his heart ached, needing to search for a glimpse of you again.

You were picking out a few clothes, holding it up in front of you as you decided whether or not you wanted to buy it. Turning to Lando to ask for his opinion, you let out a laugh, confusing him.

As I'm leaving the one I want to take

You stepped closer, poking his nose before breaking out into a smile, "oh Lan, do you want me to take any bags?"

You reached for them but he pulled away, shaking his head, "no, I'm good. Also, don't get that dress." He commented, nodding his head towards the dress you were currently holding.

"No? It wouldn't look good on me?" You asked as you held it against your body but he still shook his head. "You would look good in anything, but it has buttons on the back instead of a zipper and I know how much you hate those."

Forgive the urgency, but hurry up and wait

You flipped the dress and as he stated, there were buttons instead of a zipper like you thought. Your mouth parted slightly in surprise, at both the facts that Lando not only noticed the buttons before you did, but also knew that you preferred zippers. You had no idea that Lando remembered the small piece of information.

Without another word uttered, you placed the dress back on the rack and continued shopping. If you had said something, it would've been a little more than what is considered friendly.

My heart has started to separate

During the remainder of your shopping spree, Lando tried to keep up with your pace but he fell behind. However he didn't mind because he could look at you as much as he wanted without getting caught.

Oh, oh, oh, oh, be my baby

The next time Lando called you, it was way too early in the morning for you. But the words he spoke as soon as you picked up worried you, "I think I might accidentally burn my apartment down if you don't come and help me."