Frenemies

I knew that Jaden didn't like me but I had to ask: I needed to know the truth on why he didn't like me.

"Jaden?" I asked. "Yes?" He replied.
"Why do you not like me?"

He looked at me as if he was HURT.

"Why would you think that? Have I abused you in any way?" He questioned.

"No no no. It's just that you have seemed to be avoiding me." I answered.

"I'm not avoiding you. I'm avoiding Caroline." He replied.

"Why?" I asked.

"She is the reason why me and my girlfriend broke up. She was so jealous because I wasn't "spending any time with her" as she calls it."

"Oh." I said as I sighed. "Well I'm sorry. Thanks for telling me." I said as I walked away sadly.

That's strange. Caroline seems to be fine around him but he doesn't like her being around.

I walked back to my group who were humming as they danced.

"You guys look great! If only that stage fright would go away..." I said to their beaming faces.

"We were all talking. Would YOU like to be in the band?" Kelsey asked.

I smiled and said," I can't dance at all but I think I can sing." They smiled and answered back," Sing something."

I began to think of a song so I decided to go with Sledgehammer by Fifth Harmony.

"If you could take my pulse right now, I would feel just like a sledgehammer
If you could hear my heartbeat now, it would hit you like a sledgehammer
I don't admit it,I play it cool
But every minute that I'm with you

I feel a fever and I won't lie, I break a sweat
My body's telling all the secrets I ain't told you yet

I struggle to contain the love that's in my veins and how it circulates

If you could take my pulse right now, it would feel just like a sledgehammer
If you could hear my heartbeat now, it would hit you like a sledgehammer "

I finished singing as sweat rolled down my forehead.

Their jaws were dropped and they turned to each other and nodded.

"You're in!" They shouted at me. I smiled. "Lets practice guys." I said.

I took one last look at Jaden who was giving me a thumbs up. I can't deny it now: I like him.

---------------------------------------------
Hope you enjoyed my plot twist! Love you guys! The pic on the top is me aka Alyssa. Thanks for reading! I'll post one tonight. Bye!👋🏽