A Day At The Beach

Morning came, and Nani woke up to see that Lilo was gonna show her something that involves Leroy & Stitch. Turns out when Lilo plays the record player and puts Stitch's finger on the record, the music comes out of Stitch's mouth and stops when his mouth closes, and the same would go for Leroy as it seems. Lilo: "Pretty cool right?" Nani: "Uh..." but before she could give an answer, somebody knock on the door. Turns out the one knocking was Cobra Bubbles, who mentioned that it was day 2 of the deadline of proving that Nani was able to take care of Lilo. Leroy & Stitch being the newest members of their small family would've been alright, if Leroy hadn't threw a book at him, breaking one of numerous pairs of sunglasses he owned. So Mr Bubbles gave them two tasks to accomplish, Lilo working on Leroy & Stitch's temper, and Nani getting a job, which would both be hard to do in such a short time. As soon as Mr Bubbles left the scene, Leroy was holding what looked like a photo, and Lilo got mad when she saw what the photo was. Lilo: "Bad dog!, don't ever touch this!, you hear me?!" this startled Leroy as he never seen Lilo reacted like this before, aside at someone other than her sister sometimes anyway. After a moment of having a chance to calm down, Lilo looked at the photo and showed it to the twins. Lilo: "Sorry about that... it's just... this is the only photo of my parents." this got their attention, and soon realized that they have not seen them at all. Lilo soon noticed that Leroy & Stitch were looking around to see where her parents were. Lilo: "You won't find them here... they're gone... in heaven." Nani: "There was a car accident and... they didn't make it." this made both the twins widen their eyes as they realized what they meant by that, and could not help but feel sad about it for some reason. Lilo: "Hey Nani, do we need some fruit?" Nani: "Well yes, I just hope that I have enough money to buy some." After that, they went to the food garden that belongs to Mrs Hasagawa, while Nani was talking to Mrs Hasagawa, Lilo was teaching Leroy & Stitch about Elvis and stuff like that. Lilo: "Elvis Presley was a model citizen, I've complied a list of his traits for you to practice, number 1 is dancing." she said, before showing some grass hula skirts for herself and the two 'dogs'. The twins looked against the idea, but the choice wasn't theirs however, for right now Lilo was the boss, unless they would be arrested by Jumba. Lilo: "Hands on the hips, now follow my lead." as soon as the twins followed the first move, they soon realized it wasn't as bad as they thought it would. With 'Devil in Disguise' playing on the record that Lilo brought, the moves seemed to come easily. One long spin was enough to make the fun turn into a disaster. Mrs Hasagawa and Stitch collided with each other and the cart of watermelons. One of the fruits was connected to the bottom end of Stitch, making only his head visible, while in Mrs Hasagawa's case, it was the reverse. Mrs Hasagawa: "Why is everything so dark?" Leroy could not help but laugh at the scene until Nani gave him a mean glare, before helping Mrs Hasagawa getting the melon and Stitch off of her. Lilo: "Sorry about that Mrs Hasagawa, I was just trying to show Leroy & Stitch some hula dancing." Mrs Hasagawa: "Who's Leroy & Stitch?" Nani: "Uh... the red and blue dogs we got from your shelter, from yesterday." Mrs Hasagawa: "Oh right!, now I remember, and something tells me that they'll need some more practice." Lilo: "No kidding." later that day, they went to the beach and find David there. Little did they knew was that Jumba and Pleakley were on top of a tree watching them. Jumba: "Wait... something not right..." Pleakley: "What?" Jumba: "626 mark 1 & 2 are returning willingly to water." Pleakley: "But didn't you say that they can't swim?" Jumba: "Yes, so if that's the case... come, we're going swimming." so with that, Jumba and Pleakley went down to go after the experiments. At the water, Leroy & Stitch were on the Surfing board Nani was riding on. The two started to enjoy the ride of surfing the waves, at least until Jumba popped out of the water took a hold of the twins and Lilo. Nani saw what just happened and tried to find them, but she couldn't swim deep enough. Nani: "They're in the water, I can't reach them!" David heard this and tried to go down in hope of saving them. Down below sea level, Stitch took a bite on the air tanks Jumba and Pleakley were using, causing them to flop away on the water. Leroy tried to help Lilo, but he kept on sinking with Stitch. Soon after that, David managed to find and save the twins from drowning. That was when they saw Cobra Bubbles and Nani tried to state her case, though there wasn't much. Cobra Bubbles: "I know you're trying Nani, but you need to think about what's best for Lilo, even if it removes you from the picture, I'll be back tomorrow morning for her... I'm sorry." after his final call on their inspection, the happy mood they felt when they were spending the day at the beach left. Nani took Lilo home to tell her what was going to happen, leaving Leroy & Stitch with David at the moment. David: "You know, I really believed they had a chance... then you two came along." those words followed both Leroy & Stitch through the day, hanging over them like the word 'Ohana'. Everything they saw on the island had some sort of family, even the pair of ducks that walked in front of them. They didn't care much for any of it, except for Lilo's small family. Nani was really all the little girl had, only now did they start thinking that it wasn't such a bad thing. Sure they fought, yelled and drove each other up the wall every chance they got, they still stood by each other, even through the chaos the twin experiments caused. For the first time in their lives, they felt regret and wished that they weren't so bad as they were made to do. Suddenly, they head Nani singing to Lilo on a hammock, and the song she was singing was Aloha Oe. When Nani finished the song, Stitch noticed that Leroy was on the ground sleeping. Stitch slapped his twin a few times in order to wake him up, and Leroy did not like it. Leroy: "Gaba Ika Tasoopa?!" Stitch: "Yuuga fell asleep." Leroy: "Meega did?" Stitch: "Ih." the twins went into the room and did not noticed that Lilo was behind them. Lilo: "I hope you don't mind me asking... since you now know what happened to my parents... what happened to yours?" the twin experiments were not sure what she meant, they never had parents, they were a creations, monsters, they were made to destroy everything, this to them... was the biggest wreck of their lives. Lilo: "I hear you cry at night, do you dream about them?, I can tell that's why you wreck things and push me, our family is little now and we don't have many toys, but if you want, you both could be part of it, you two could be our babies and we'd raise you to be good." Stitch only shook his head and picked up the 'Ugly Duckling' book, it was the only thing he thought would help him understand family, and same thought came to Leroy as well. Lilo: "Ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten, but if you want to leave, you both can, I'll remember you both though, I remember everyone that leaves." Stitch: "Meega Soka..." Leroy: "Meega Soka too..." the twins left through the window, they could barley look back. Of all the naughtiness they ever caused, this was the one they want to forget. They blamed themselves entirely, so they ran away into the jungle and took another look into the wordless pages of the book. They found the picture of the ugly duckling alone, which was what Leroy & Stitch, alone, with nothing around them, truly... Leroy: "L... lost..." Stitch: "We're lost..." they said sadly as they looked around the dark jungle they were in.