Sophie

That battle...something about it was very wrong...

I racked my photographic memory for an answer. The bottom of the hive had newborn trolls, the hives, the Neverseen, the walls...

The answer hit me like a brick.

I leaped home, grabbed my memory log and transmitted an image of the room into the journal. I examined the architecture closely. The wall caved in like an igloo, and it was surrounded by membranes. But wait...did one of those vesicles look slightly out of place? I decided to ask Annabeth about it.

"Mom! Dad! I'm going to Elwin's." I yelled, grabbing my dagger (you can never be too careful) and went upstairs to the fourth floor, where the Leapmaster was. I yelled, "Foxfire!" and it whirred to life. I stepped into the beam of light and let it whisk me away.

"Where ya going, Foster?" I heard a very annoying but sweet voice behind me.

"I need to see Annabeth." I told Keefe while running into the double doors. Since it was a weekend, there wasn't anyone in there but I knew Elwin was there. 

"Wait up, Foster!" Keefe shouted, running up the stairs behind me. 

"Annabeth!" I panted as I slammed the door open to the Healing Center.

"Sophie?" I heard Percy's voice call out from one of the beds.

"Percy! Where's Annabeth? I need to see her ASAP. It's about the baby troll hive." I clutched my memory log closer to my chest. Percy gagged.

"I hated that place." He muttered. "Something was off about it..." I nodded. 

"I found the cause of it, but you can't tell the Council about it, ok? This could mean war against the trolls and Empress Pernille." I looked around. "Where is she?"

"She went to a Black Swan hideout with the Seven after I convinced her that I was fine." Percy held up his bandaged shoulder and winced.

"You are definitely not fine!" Elwin yelled from his office. "The poison's gone but you cells are still weak." He rolled his eyes.

"I am totally fine! I just have a little cold, I guess." He coughed a little. Keefe sighed.

"You sound so much like Foster when she faded 5 times in a row." He smirked at me, and I blushed.

"I did not!" I shot back. 

"Did too."

"Whatever." I grumbled. "It was for a good reason."

"I have ADHD, is that a good reason?" Percy asked, tapping his fingers against his bed sheets. "I can't stand lying down here like I could die any minute."

"You can die any minute, Perce. You literally almost died earlier today." I reminded him. He thought for a moment.

"Oh yeah, I did!" I could practically see the lightbulb over his head. "But that still doesn't mean you should pamper me like I'm an irresponsible child." He huffed. "Anyways, what do you want to show Annabeth? Lemme see." I handed him the memory log flipped to the image and his eyes widened.

"Did you seriously draw this? It looks like a photo!" He pointed to the page.

"No, I transmitted the image onto the paper. But you should see Keefe's drawings. They're amazing!" I remembered the beautiful drawings he did in his own memory logs.

"It's nothing, honestly." Keefe blushed furiously and took sudden interest in the floor. 

"Aww, did I make the great Keefester blush?" I teased.

"That's my job, Foster." He pouted. "Making Foster blush is way more fun than watching Hunkyhair blush." Percy rolled his eyes good-naturedly and scanned my memory log.

"You see this here?" He pointed to one of the baby troll membranes. "It seems a little more bulged than the others. I think it's a secret passage of some sort. Hazel might be able to recall something from the tunnel."

"Thanks, Percy." I waved and grabbed Keefe's hand. "C'mon, we have to get to one of the Collective's."

"Should we go to Dex's mom?" He asked. I nodded.

"Anyone that's in the Collective would work. This is an emergency." 

"Why can't I go?" Percy whined. Elwin came out of his office, looking cross.

"You made me worry more than Sophie did in 3 years, so nope, you can't go for at least a week." Elwin handed him some vials to drink.

"Aww, man!" He groaned. "These things taste like shi—"

"Language!" He scolded, hiding a laugh. I smiled as we ran outside of Foxfire.

"Levitate on three, one, two, three!" We launched up into the sky, going higher and higher until the ground was far away from us.

"Let go!" I shouted as our levitation disappeared and we plummeted to the ground.

"Time to screeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaammm!!!!!!!" Keefe shrieked like a banshee. I focused on the adrenaline through my veins and channeled mental energy, opening a crack in the void. 

"Stop screaming, you idiot!" I rolled my eyes as we were swallowed by the void, ending in a magnificent crack.

[and thats a wrap! vote time:

Next book:

Dark!Percy Jackson Betrayed fanfic (not a chaos story, i feel like that's too cliche

OR

Harry Potter and Percy Jackson crossover

bai]