Chapter 6 - The Little Devil

~ Zander ~

It was completely dark when I staggered inside my room, my head was buzzing continuously along with the phone in my pocket that I hadn't even bothered to check for the last few hours, and everyone around me seemed blurred as my eyes tried too hard to make it through the couch that swallowed me the moment I fell on it as it was soft and mushy, unlike my heart that was getting colder and oblivious day by day.

Why do I feel this much for her when she never even bothered to check on me?

I chuckled bitterly as the alcohol was now controlling my mind and heart that I had locked too cautiously so I didn't have to feel anything but now it hurts, everything hurts. I don't even know why I am feeling this intensely today, after meeting that kid my heart started to feel lively almost like she breathed life into me, the way her little eyes sparkled at me and the way she was acting confidently was something that reminded me of her...

Simran, Why don't you just disappear from my mind and heart as well? Why do you have to be still here and bother me uhh? 

Swinging my head up I adjusted my big body on the couch but wasn't relaxed so I moved back and forth still it didn't feel good so I just walked to the mini-bar and poured myself another drink to ease that rift in my heart and gulped it one shot feeling more tormented than before.

That motherf*ucker Sameer was here...he was with that kid. They were happy like any father and daughter that's why my heart is sizzling at this thought. Why am I even jealous about him being with her? She is not my kid so I shouldn't feel this uneasy.

"Zander?"

I sighed not even relying on whoever it was and continued pouring myself another drink.

"Zander, stop this!". 

Suddenly, the light was turned on almost upsetting my eyes, blinding them for a moment before I opened them properly to find Xavier, and behind him was Venice who happily cozied himself on the couch and didn't even bother to pay attention to me

"Why the fuck are you even here for, uhh?"

Before I could grab the glass, he took it away and sat on the stool facing me with his hard gaze that was studying me too bitterly.