(Act 3) Chapter 8: Embracing The Demon

Malikyte returns to the base and Valentina runs over to him and hug him and says. "Hey are you- wow what is this?" She looks at his armour in awe and then says. "Did you, earn this cause of that Crystal? Cause you absorbed every ounce of energy out of that thing." Malikyte nods and says. "I did, I saw my father, he said his power lives inside of me now..." Valentina is shocked and says excitedly. "You met your father, I knew it! I knew that's how the descendant thing worked!" Malikyte says shocked and says. "Wait, are you saying when I die, ill be transported into here?" Valentina nods but then they see how late it is and Malikyte decides to leave and go home, him mum is there to greet him like always but Malikyte stops her and says. "Mum, dad said he left a gift for me, and with whats been going on, with Crimsons return, dad said I needed it to kill him..." His mums face went pale and said. "Its really time, wel then, follow me..." She leads him upstairs to the attic then she brings down a case. Malikyte is confused and asks. "What is this?" His mum says. "Open it..." Malikyte lays the case on his bed and opens it, to find a sword. He turns to his mum and says. "Who's sword is this?" She says with a bit of tears in her eyes. "It was your father's, he used it in the war, he was gonna pass it down to you once you were old enough but he never got the chance to." Malikyte stares at the sword and notices the ONI mask insignia on the crest of the sword. His mum tears up and says. "I never thought I'd see the day you hold that sword in your hand." She crys softly and Malikyte walks over and hugs her. He says. "I have to do this mom, if I don't, the world might die. I have to kill Crimson." She nods and says. "Okay, I trust you, and everyone else does..."