Chapter one - Suguru

Satoru and I were sent on a mission together, considering we were both the strongest amongst the groups.

Our mission was to escort the Star Plasma Vessel to Master Tengen.

Though...there were a few problems in our way, other groups had the mission to get to the girl first.

Their mission was to kill her, to prevent Master Tengen from merging with her.

I wasn't exactly fond of this idea, but Satoru didn't seem to mind. Though we promised to each other that if the girl didn't want to merge, we wouldn't force her to do so.

————

Just to our luck, the curse user group Q was already there. We had to prepare ourselves for fighting.

The girl was.. definitely in high school, with braided black hair— her eyes blue which was a rare sight to see.

I've met only a few people with blue eyes, including Satoru. Her eyes were pretty, that was not something I could deny at all.

We made sure to keep the girl safe, obviously if we didn't..it would cause consequences.

Satoru found her, to explain everything and take her with us.

I wanted him to explain in a way she would most definitely understand the situation...and not be terrified, but..he didn't exactly seem to care for the horrified look that plastered onto her face as he explained such things.

Ms. Kuroi didn't seem all too fond of the idea either..and I could understand why.

Ms. Kuroi is practically at this point, her maid. But her and Riko, “the girl” have a deep connection...and it could be seen from miles away.

They treated each other like family.

But it wasn't like it was something that we could change, and as much as possible we wanted her to agree.

But if she really didn't, our promise stands.

Eventually though, Riko agreed..on one condition, we give her a few more hours to spend with her loved ones.

Satoru and I agreed.

———

We took her to the beach.

God, the view was..just mesmerizing, I wonder if I could look at views as such one day for hours at a time..not wondering how the world was going, how Satoru was..

Well, maybe bring Satoru with me.

It seemed he was enjoying this as much as Riko and Ms. Kuroi were..to the naked eye.

But, I knew he was most likely tired.

He hadn't gotten any sleep the night before..though he said it wasn't the most tired he had been, and he'll be fine.

I hope he truly is fine, and his words weren't just lies.

I really did hope so.

Though, something in my gut feels as..there's something missing, and I can't point my finger on it.

My gut is telling me not to return there..

———

Well, we returned.

I ignored my feelings as such, and mostly just explained things to further detail.

Suddenly, a man came and stopped us...

Well, immediately I felt as my nose died. He smelt utterly horrible.

His clothes looked like they haven't been washed for ten years, and his hair was..badly styled.

Who was this man?