Nejiko of the lightning bullets

It was early when the doors of the bar at the town of Pyon Ridge swung open, the barista, Int, looked at the stranger slowly walking to the counter. The stranger's pink hair and cat-like ears were visible under her wide-brimmed hat, and at her hips, two big revolvers hung low.

<<A glass of the finest milk you have>>, she said, her voice as calm as a desert breeze.

<<I wouldn't advise you walking around with those irons exposed, miss>>, Int advised, eyeing the revolvers.

<<You don't need to concern yourself with that...>> After looking around and finding the place empty, she decided to ask. <<Isn't this place too empty?>>

Int sighed, taking a moment before responding. <<Since Nejiworm decided to stay in town, the movement around here stopped. Just some pitiful souls and some of Nejiworm's men appear here.>> She finished speaking, bringing a glass of milk for the stranger. <<So, what's your name, stranger? If you are here with those guns, I presume you came for Nejiworm... I'll tell your name to the priest so he can make your grave not a nameless one.>>

After taking a sip of the milk, the stranger took her hat off and placed it on the counter, looking Int in the eye. <<The name's Nejiko Nyan Pyon, a ranger. Tell the priest to prepare another grave with the name Nejiworm.>>

As Nejiko finished her sentence, the door swung open. Int's eyes went down, attempting to avoid direct eye contact with the newcomer. The sound of footsteps approached, and a man sat beside Nejiko, scrutinizing her.

<<Look here, partner, the whole town is already speaking of you, miss. Nejiworm wants me to tell you to leave the town if you want to live. If not...>> The stranger put his hand on the handle of his revolver, smirking at Nejiko. But before he could react, Nejiko smashed the glass of milk in his face, making him stumble and fall, covered in milk. Nejiko's fists flew, a flurry of punches striking his face and stomach until he lay defeated.

Kneeling down, Nejiko asked, <<And you are?>>

<<H-Heiwa, I'm just one of Nejiworm's men. If you kill me here, all of them will be after you.>> Heiwa spoke with a mix of fear and anger.

<<Heiwa, you better tell that outlaw Nejiworm to come to the square at 12. I want to see if she's as great as the rumors say.>> After delivering her message, Nejiko let Heiwa go, and he hastily ran out to relay the message to Nejiworm.

At high noon, two figures faced each other in the square – Nejiko, the pink-haired ranger, and Nejiworm, the worm-like outlaw.

<<I never thought we would meet like this again... Nejiko>> said Nejiworm, irritation evident in her voice.

<<It's time for us to put an end to this, Nejiworm>> Nejiko declared, her eyes cold as the steel of her revolvers.

The wind whispered through the town, carrying with it the tension of the moment. Nejiko's fingers brushed against the handles of her revolvers, the leather creaking in anticipation. Nejiworm hissed, its cold, calculating eyes fixed on the ranger with its "tail" brushing at the handle of its revolver. The townsfolk watched from behind shuttered windows and weathered wooden structures, Int observing from the bar.

Seconds felt like hours, and finally, Nejiko's hands moved in sync with Nejiworm's tail.

"BANG"

The sound of the shots echoed through the city. The two stood still with their revolvers pointed at each other until Nejiworm fell, a hole in its heart.

It took some minutes for the townspeople to process what happened. Finally, after years of its rule, Nejiworm had fallen. The other outlaws fled the town, and the townspeople went to congratulate and thank Nejiko for finally ending the rule of the infamous outlaw. After that incident, the ranger Nejiko gained a nickname that put fear in the hearts of all outlaws in the land – Nejiko of the Lightning Bullets.