5|Steady

Vote, comment & enjoy!

Kaida 'Indigo' Aoki| 18

🗓️Wednesday, April 12th📍Jamari's House

"I can't believe I made you convince me to skip school to spend the day with you" I say in disbelief looking down at Jamari who was lying between my legs with his head resting on my belly while smoking.

"Mi neva convince yuh fi do shit" he says pinching my side and I hiss laughing.

He's right though, all he said last night was that he wanted to see me today and I took it as come spend the day. 

After the shit that went down the other day when I got home, this was the only way I'd be able to see him without my parents knowing but let me give y'all a brief recap.

Flashback

Where the fuck have you been?" my mother yells standing from her seat and my father turns to look in my direction.

There were two police officers with them and my sister was sitting on the single sofa with a glare on her face.

"I went out with a friend to clear my mind and my phone died" I answered nonchalantly and my mother scoffed, "You had us worried sick that something happened to you and whose clothes are you wearing?" she pointed out and I sighed heavily.

"Let's not pretend as if you really care if I disappeared or not Mom" I retort and she glances at the police before turning to glare at me, "Of course I care about my daughter's whereabouts" she lies as the female officer walks over to me.

"Ms. Aoki, we would like to ask you a few questions about your whereabouts within the past 24 hours" she says and I nod, "I'll tell you but can we talk outside?" I ask as my father's stare burns into me.

I know I was in for it when the police leaves but there's nothing they haven't already done that I couldn't handle.

"Is everything okay Ms. Aoki?" the male officer asks once we're outside and I nod, "Like I said before I was out with a friend and lost track of time, I'm sorry they wasted your time dragging you here"

"It's our job but would you mind giving us the name of that friend?" the female officer asks and I think quickly on my feet, "Priscilla Mayers" I answer, making a mental note to tell her about this later.

For some strange reason, I felt like telling them I was with Jamari would cause more problems. Just by the way he carried himself, I could tell he may be involved in some deep shit.

"Thank you Ms.Aoki and we're glad you're home safe" the male officer says as they wrap up and I offer them a smile before going back inside.

"I don't know where—"