🍫Chapter 17🍫

A week later I found myself getting physically better and sessions with my therapist were a huge part of it. Dr. Lee said I should work on occupying myself with something I enjoy. And that was working at the coffee shop with my friends.

Chan didn't let me actually work so I got my fill by folding pink napkins in the break room.

"Having fun?", Chan entered.
"Yes I am. I'm glad you let me do this. Thank you."

"Whatever helps you. You already did a lot. Wow."
"If you put your mind to it you can do anything."

"Exactly. I love your optimism."

"It's ironic isn't it? Having a problematic lifestyle for years and I'm still able to keep on a happy face."

"I've been wondering how you can you do that."
"I guess I get it from my Eomma."

"Maybe one day you won't hide your pain with it."

I look down at my hands and started to fidget.
"You noticed?"

"It's not the first time I've seen it. You have to know that I hired you for a reason."

"Why?", I looked at him.

"It's not just about the coffee shop. I saw it in your eyes that were in dire need of someone or something to help you. Just by looking I noticed you were in a lot of pain that it literally scared me. You were killing yourself without realizing it. So I wanted to save and heal you."

"Y-you knew? And...were willing..?"
"Of course. I'm sure the others have told you how I found them."

I didn't think anyone would ever care this much about me. I didn't quite believe it at first but now I'm positive that he means it so do the others.

"Thank you Chan. This...means so much to me. I'm very grateful."
"It's no problem. I like seeing joy on people's faces."

A smile spreads across my face. A genuine smile that disguised no pain. And it felt very different because it was better.

A commotion was going on at the front so Chan and I went to see what it was.

'Gasp! Appa?'

He stood at the counter reeking of alcohol. My eyes widen from the sight of seeing him again and my heart pounds in fear.

"Felix! Thank god! I've been l-looking everywhere for ya! Y-you left without a goodbye?! What kind of selfish son..does t-that?!"

"Sir I'm gonna have to ask you to leave.", Minho said.
"Don't fucking touch me!"

The action of my appa slapping Minho's hand away led me to react by rushing to him and stepping in front of him for safety from my appa.

"Appa stop a-and leave."

"Y-you're choosing those assholes over your own appa?! After all I've done for you?! You ungrateful little shit. We're going home.", he grabs my wrists tightly and tugs hard.

"Ow. Appa let me go."

A punch hit him across his face by Minho's fist causing my appa to let go fall on the floor.

"He said leave."
"Who the fuck are you to punch me?!", he stumbles to stand.

"Minho don't. I don't want you to get hurt because of me."

"Felix! Let's go! I won't tell you again! And you better back off.", he holds up a knife.

We all gasped including the patrons in the café.

"A-appa! Stop! I'm coming with you so put down the knife ok?"
"Don't fucking tell me what to do! I had enough of your foolishness!"

Anger rises and instead of being pushed around by him I decided to do something this time. I quickly grabbed his hand with the knife in it and tried to take it.

"Felix!"

We fell in the floor with me on top struggling to put an end to this.
"Ha! Fucking weakling. I'm always stronger than you."

I get stabbed in the hand and groaned in pain but that didn't stop me.

"I may..not be stronger..but I have something you'll..never have."

I kneed him in the balls then impaled his torso with the knife. His movements stopped and blood spits out his mouth.

"I have people who love me."