𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞

. 1913 .

Lily was out for a walk exploring the place she would now call home. Her farther insisted her brother go with her as it was a new place and Lily only being 5, but Lily promised she would be fine and wouldn't go far.

Walking down the cobbled path she stopped in front of a tree that was just a bit smaller than the house sitting next to it. She gazed up and thought if she climbed up she would be able to see most of Birmingham without going far just like she promised her father.

She had to get a runner up as the tree was so tall and Lily being very little. It took her many tries but she finally made it up and she found a branch to sit upon holding on to the tree so she wouldn't fall.

And she was right, she couldn't see all of her new home but enough to her liking. It seemed foggy and it smelled like shit and dust she didn't like it one bit.

She had noticed the smell as she got out of the car when just arriving her Mother laughed at her and told her.

"it might smell like shit my love, buts it's home. You'll get used to it"

How in gods name was she spoused to get used to this putrid smell.

She sat up there for a few more minutes taking in her now new home wondering why her dad would want to move here just because of a few old friends.

Her family lived in Scotland long before Lily was born, and few years after she was born her Father and Mother decided it would be a good idea to move back to Daniel's home town he grew up in, wanting his two kids childhood to be just like his, being outside and getting muddy. But also his old and very dear friends the Shelby family who he grew up with still lived there, and in the very same house.

Lily started to shuffle her way to the other side of the Branch so she could hop back down from the tree, but once she looked down she realised that the tree was much higher than she thought.

She thought of ways she could shimy down but she knew she would just end up falling and breaking something. She called out for help but no one came, she called again just as a boy about her age was walking down the path.

"Hello, excuse me!" she called to the boy hoping he would hear her, the boy looked up at her in shock.

"What are ya doin up there, ya might fall" he shouted up at her in words she could only just make out as her father as a bit of the same accent.

She rolled her eyes and shouted back down to the boy "Yeah no shit, i'm stuck and i can't get down." She said as if it was obvious, in a very strong Scottish accent.

"Err i can try an help i dunno if ima be much use." the boy said scratching the back of his neck trying to think of something to help the girl down, he wasn't much taller than her so he wasn't sure how he could help.

he looked around trying to find something or someone that could help until he spotted a ladder, he looked up and shouted to her.

"Wait there i've found something that'll help."

"Not like i'm gonna go anywhere." Lily mumbled to herself while rolling her eyes.
And already the boy was already walking back with a ladder quite a bit taller than him trying not to topple over.

"Ok are you able to turn around and reach the ladder." he said while standing the ladder against the tree.

Lily tried to turn around but her little legs were just too short to reach.

"No i can't reach it!" she said as panic rushed over her face.

"err, ok i'm coming up wait right there." The boy began to climb up the ladder to reach the girl.

As he was climbing up she was thinking to herself how this random boy who's basically the same size as her is going to help her down, if she got stuck surely he would to. But she didn't bother saying anything as she really wanted to get down.

The boy made it up just a little lower than the branch she was sitting on as the ladder wasn't quite tall enough to reach.

"Okay turn around and i'll help you on the ladder." He shouted up to her as he put his arms out a bit to try and hold the girl as she slowly turned around.

One of his hands held onto her small waist while she stepped on the first step making sure she wouldn't fall and his other on the ladder so he wouldn't fall down and take her with him.

"It's ok i've got ya just come down slowly"
he said while both of them slowly stepping down the ladder backwards until they made it down to the bottom. His small feet met the floor first still holding onto the girl until she was fully down.

Lily turned around once she made it down to the boy to thank him.

"Thank you so much i don't know how long i'd be up there for if you didn't help me."

"It's uh no problem, really." he said scratching the back of his neck stuttering finally seeing the girl properly taking in her beauty. She had medium, brown hair with a bit of a curl in it and big brown beautiful eyes.

"I'm Finn by the way." he said looking up at her face once more reaching his slightly chubby hand to give her a little hand shake.

"I'm Lily." she replied back putting her small hand i front of her to shake his.

"Really thank you so much, but i've gotta go my dad will be looking for me." while looking between Finn and the way she had just came.

"Really thank you so much." she said once more and quickly kissing the boy on the cheek and running back the way she came.

Finn stood there frozen, he'd never really talked to girls as he was only five and had no interest in them.

But this girl was different. He didn't know what it was but he felt his stomach flutter and his cheeks go red as she planted a little kiss upon his chubby cheek, he hoped to see Lily again.

Okay so just a little backstory on how Lily and Finn met, sorry if grammar or spelling is bad i'm not very good at it, but i'm trying :)

This is my first ever book, Any feedback would be much appreciated, i've never written a book before so i thought i would give it a go to see if it goes well.
Hope you enjoy - Chloe xx