𝟐.

Being Tommy's literal partner in crime Lily ran straight to the hospital Tommy
was at after finding out that he had basically been beaten to a pulp.

*

The nurse walked Lily over to the room that Tommy was in, Peering through the door before calling to him.

"Are you ready for a visitor Mr Shelby?"
"No!" he quickly reapplied back.

Lily rolled her eyes, thanking the Nurse and walking through the door over to Tommy's bed. He smiled slightly when realising who the visitor was.

"Lily what are you doing here?" his voice sounding rough and sore, struggling to reach for a cigarette on the table beside him.

Lily gently pushed him back being careful not to hurt him more than he already was, grabbing a cigarette out of the packet and lighting it for him before taking a quick drag of it herself, before holding it up to his lips not wanting him to move much.

Lily never usually smoked, she never really enjoyed it, but from time to time she would have one. And Finn would always pass his to her offering her some, which she mostly excepted every time.

"I came to see ya and make sure you weren't dead" she chuckling slightly noticing Tommy lifting the cigarette up to his lips, groaning in pain and needing some help from Lily before speaking to her again.

"Lily i need you to get me out of here, i need you to take me to Uncle Charlie and Curly".

She quickly stopped him before he could finish."Tommy look at you, you're not getting out of here any time soon" taking the cigarette from his lips taking a hit before passing it back, causing Tommy to roll his eyes at her.

"I'm getting out of here and your the only person here. So you're going to help, and take me to Curly" in a 'i'm telling not asking' tone.

She shook her head huffing at Tommy before looking back at him.
"Ok, fine i'll help ya".

                                     *

And Lily did exactly what Tommy said, she got him out of the hospital and to Curly and Uncle Charlie.

Lily had called him uncle Charlie ever since she was little, being so close with the shelby's and feeling left out that
Finn called him Uncle and not her. So she stared calling him uncle, no one thinking anything of it as she did it so naturally.

And Charlie thought it was since having another niece even tho they weren't blood.
He adored Lily ever since the day he had met her. Coming across five year old Finn and Lily in the stable petting a horse seeing how gentle she was with the horse. And pissing himself when she scolded Finn when he was being too rough.

Tommy had explained to Lily that he was going to Camden Town to meet with an Alfie Solomons and that he would be back soon and told her that he wanted her to keep an eye on things while he was gone.

She didn't bother asking questions knowing that Tommy wouldn't bother to answer them, so she just agreed and hugged him goodbye.

                                  *

Making her way to the Shelby's early that morning with Dad and Luke, not far in front to go surprised Polly for her birthday And Tommy was back from Camden Town.

But she was most excited because she knew exactly what the boys had gotten their aunt for her birthday and was excited to go with them to surprise her.