Pie Contest

At the porch of the park house, Benson has an announcement for the seven original groundskeepers. "Alright, everyone. As you know, today is the annual pie contest. And, surprise, surprise, we're gonna do it the same as last year. Skips, you're on podium duty." Skips nods, and walks off, carrying a rake. "Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost, you guys go and set up the booths." Benson said. "Yeah!" Muscle Man high-fives Hi Five Ghost. "Later grandmas!" He runs off. "Pops, you're in charge of decoration." Benson said. "Oh, rest assured, it will be a delight to the senses." Pops walks off. "(Y/n) you'll be in charge of judging the pie contest." Benson focuses on Mordecai and Rigby. "Mordecai and Rigby, just go pick up garbage or something."

Benson said, and Mordecai groans. "Wait what? Why am I judging the pies? I thought that was your job." (Y/n) said. "Sorry (Y/n), I have something else to do this year." Benson said. "Aw, what?" Rigby asked. "Ugh! Why do we always get the lame jobs?!" Mordecai asked. "Uh oh, I'm starting to sense some serious déjà vu right now." (Y/n) said. "Yeah, why can't we judge the pies?" Rigby asked, and Benson chuckles. "Yeah right! You have no idea what it takes. I know (Y/n) can handle it, but you two?" Benson asked. "Uh, I'm gonna guess eating a bunch of pies." Rigby said.

"No, it's not just eating a bunch of pies! Trust me on this, you're not ready." Benson said. "Come on, how hard can it be? I eat pies all the time." Rigby said. Benson groans. "This isn't a game, Rigby." He said. "Dude, just give us a chance! You always give us jobs we hate. If you gave us a job we liked for once, we might actually be good at it!" Mordecai said. "I don't have time for this. Go pick up some trash or you're fired." Benson gets in the golf cart and drives away. M&R chase him down the dirt road and (Y/n) runs after them. "Wait!" She shouted.

The duo land on the roof of the cart, then, from Benson's POV, M&R are hanging from the roof. "Let us be judges!" They said. Benson screams, then, hits the brake, flinging M&R to the ground and leaving them barely conscious. (Y/n) quickly runs over. "Are you two okay?" She asked. Benson then walks up, annoyed. "You are actually willing to put yourselves in physical danger just so you can judge pies?!" M&R moan in their state of pain. "Okay, fine. But I warned you. If you come to me wanting to quit, YOU'RE FIRED!" Benson storms off. M&R then high-five and (Y/n) face palms.

The trio see some pies contestants have set up. There's a pie contest banner, and the trio are wearing the judge ribbons as the contestants look on. M&R nod, and then walk into the contest. A girl waves to the trio, and Mordecai nods flirtatiously. Rigby does the same to a trio of girls looking on. Next, two teenagers are talking. The blonde teen taps the ginger's shoulder, and points towards the trio. The ginger turns, revealing his pie-shaped sunglasses, and greets Mordecai. Finally, the trio look at the pies set up. There are apple pies, strawberry pies, and even chocolate pies. The trio walk up to judge Pops' pie. "Hey, Pops. What kind of pie did you make?" (Y/n) asked. "This is my cherry tart! Put out your hand, put out your hand!" Pops places one slice of cherry pie into (Y/n)'s,

Mordecai's and Rigby's hands. The trio then begin eating the pies, and show approval. "This is great, Pops!" (Y/n) said. "I'm so glad to know it would be you three who will honor me with my tenth blue ribbon." Pops said. "Hang on, Pops, not so fast! There is a chance someone else's pie will win." Rigby said. "Yeah, we can't make any promises." Mordecai said. Pops almost cries. "Oh, I understand." He walks over to a display of his blue ribbons. He touches the area he planned to hang the tenth ribbon. "Then I guess blue ribbon number ten will just have to wait."

The trio look at each other guilty. The trio walk up to Muscle Man's and Starla's stand. "So what do we have here?" Rigby asked. "It's a rhubarb tartlet." Starla said. Muscle Man points at the trio. "And you're gonna love it." He reaches his hand to Starla's cheek. "Starla put her heart and soul into this pie. Didn't you, baby?" He grabs the forks and digs into the tartlet. "Okay, judges, judge this!" The duo look over at (Y/n). "Stay out of this one, (Y/n)." Rigby said. "Yeah, we'll judge this one." Mordecai said. The duo grab the forks, and eat the piece.