One Pull Up

Benson is having an announcement with (Y/n), Mordecai, Rigby, Pops, Skips. Muscle Man and Hi Five Ghost. They are all standing in the park's carpark. "Okay, everyone. Unfortunately, the government just passed a new law. Starting today all park employees must pass an annual fitness test in order to keep their job." The park members groan. "I know. I know. I don't want to be here any more than you do. So let's get this over with so we can get back to work." The park members murmur.

Benson writes and ticks off the check list on his clipboard as the park members take their annual fitness test. Benson and the park members are up to the last part of the fitness test, in front of a pull up bar. "All right, guys. Last part of the fitness test. Just do one pull-up, and we can get out of here." Benson said. Pops does his pull up with ease. "Dude, this test was so easy." Rigby said. "Totally." (Y/n) said. "I know, right? What a waste of time." Mordecai said. "Do you two wanna go play some video games after this?" Rigby asked. "Of course." (Y/n) said.

"Ye-e-ah, I do!" Mordecai said. "(Y/n), Mordecai. Rigby. Quit talking and get on the bar." Benson said. "See you on the other side." Mordecai walks away and goes does his pull up with ease. "Boom!" (Y/n) then walks over and is also able to pull herself up with ease as well and everyone cheers for her. Rigby walks up to the pull up bar. "Time to show all you chumps how to do a pull-up like a real man." Rigby jumps up and gets a hold of the bar, but struggles to even pull himself up.

The park members are looking up at Rigby. "Uh oh." (Y/n) said worriedly. "Whomp-whomp. Wh-whomp... Who-o-mp." Muscle Man said. "Stop talking!" Rigby shouted. "Come on, dude. Quit messing around and just do the pull-up." Mordecai said. "I'm... trying!" Rigby tries to pull himself up and swings in frustration that he loses grip of the bar and falls to the ground. Muscle Man laughs.

"Oh, man! You can't even do one pull-up?" He points at Rigby. "Yes, I can!" Rigby slaps Muscle Man away. "It was only because you distracted me with that stupid noise!" He shouted. "Oh, so it was the noise's fault that you can't do a pull-up. Is that it?" Muscle Man asked. "Yes! Yes!" Rigby pushes Muscle Man away. "It was that stupid noise!" He shouted. "Fine. Then go again." Muscle Man said. "Don't make that noise again!" Rigby shouted. "I won't. I promise." Rigby jumps up.

"Whomp-whomp! Wh-who-o-mp!" Rigby screams and falls down [and doesn't even touch the bar]. Muscle Man laughs. "Quit being a jerk, Muscle Man!" (Y/n) shouted. "Hey! I'm not being a jerk! It's not my fault if he's too weak to pull himself up!" Muscle Man shouted. "Cool it, Muscle Man. Let's go, Rigby. Just do the pull-up." Rigby sighs and jumps up to the bar and struggles to pull up. The park members are surprised at Rigby, Mordecai looks unimpressed and (Y/n) looks concerned for him.

"Oh, how embarrassing!" Pops said. "Dude, come on!" Mordecai said, and (Y/n) nudges him roughy. "Ow!" He glares at her. "What was that for?" He asked. "He's doing the best he can here, Mordecai." (Y/n) said. Rigby struggles and whines that he can't do a pull-up. Rigby has a sad face and drops down from the bar. Muscle Man laughs at Rigby. "Oh, man! He can't even do one pull-up!" He said. "I'm sorry, Rigby, but I can't give you a passing grade on the test. If you can't do a pull-up by the end of the week, I'm gonna have to fire you."

All the park members walk away except for Rigby and (Y/n). (Y/n) walks over to him. "Are you okay?" She asked. "I...." Rigby looks at her. "I was just tired! I'll be able to do a pull-up. You'll see." Rigby said. "Okay..." (Y/n) said. Later at Pops' house Rigby is playing a video game called Gym Class. "Time to warm up with some Gym Class! Because you know it's better than the real thing." Rigby is playing the pull up level and is button mashing the controller with ease. The character of Gym Class is doing rapid pull ups. Mordecai and (Y/n) walk up to Rigby.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Mordecai asked. "What does it look like? I'm training to do a pull-up." Rigby said. "Dude, that's not doing anything!" Mordecai said. "He's right you know, you won't get any better playing video games." (Y/n) said. "Then how come I'm already breaking a sweat?" Rigby asked. "Um, I don't know. Maybe because you're really out of shape?" Mordecai asked. "Does this look like I'm out of shape?" Rigby presses the buttons faster and the power meter goes up rapidly.