.11

"So we may have failed to not let Damon open the tomb.. but it doesn't seem to be effecting him that badly." Violet shrugged as she walked around the kitchen. My parents and Tyler weren't home so we walked around freely.

"Ummm not true. He hasn't spoken to me in days." I was a tad bit worried about the vampire, he didn't seem to take the Petrova empty tomb very lightly.

"Maybe go check on him then."

"You know what, I will!" I jumped off the bar stool and strolled out of the house towards my Chevy impala. Driving down the forest surrounded road towards the boarding house hoping Damon was home.

Pulling up you could hear the faint sounds of music and ever so often something crashing. I didn't bother knocking since it would go unheard over the music, making my way into the disheveled living room.

"Oh my god!" My voice cut through the loud music and brought Damon out of his trance, dancing in the middle of the room.

"Char!" He slurred zooming over to me, "here for some fun?"

"No. Here to check on you.."

He rolled his eyes and walked over to the table of alcohol filling yet another cup.

"You haven't answered my texts in days, I got worried."

"I'm touched Charlotte. But no need, I'm completely fine. Especially now that you're here." He turned my way and smirked giving me a wink as he swallows down the entire contents of the glass.

"Really? You seemed upset after the tomb was empty.."

"Well.. it's a pity that we don't know where they are, but I don't mind it. Again, I have you."

"Yea and I just happen to look just like her." Shit. That was supposed to be a thought.

"Well it's a plus. But it's not why I like you."

"And why do you like me? You know nothing about me?" It's true. We haven't talked about many things.

"Just because you don't know I know, doesn't mean I don't know."

"Huh?" His words were like a riddle flowing through my head.

"Come on char, I know everything about you." He walked closer to me, "I probably know more than you do."

For some reason I had a lot of confidence in this moment. Staring up at him defiantly, "oh tell me, what amazing things do you know about me Damon?" I asked with my arms folded over my chest.

He took in a deep breath seemingly getting started, "You were born on June 26th making you a cancer, not that it even means anything. You've been dancing since you were three and you've never stopped since. Sometimes you'll tell Care and Bonnie that you have homework, but you'll actually just go to the studio to clear your head. You're closer to Caroline than to Bonnie and you never really got close to Elena, not like the other two. When you were younger you wanted to be a professional dancer, then a lawyer, and finally now you don't actually know what you want to do, but I think you'd be great at anything." He stopped, looking at my confused face as to how he knew all of that. "What can I say, I like to know about the new people in my life."

"Or you were just researching me to check if I was Violet.." I couldn't accept that a guy like Damon would care that much.

"Why would I look into those things if I was checking that?" He tilted his head slightly.

"I.. don't know. But that's not the point."

"Then what is the point?"

"The point is that as soon as you learned the tomb wasn't holding Violet, you shut down. You haven't talked to me in almost a week." I sigh.

"I just.. needed to clear my head, get a refresh and remind myself you're not Violet.."

"Remind yourself? So you forget I'm not her sometimes?!" My eyebrows raised as I realized he actually does see me as her replacement.

"No! Not at all.. just the one time, when I walked out of the tomb.. your hair was curled just like hers, and something about your face.. You.. you've changed the past month, it's getting harder to pick apart the difference between you both." He rebuttals

"And how do you feel about that?"

"What?"

"Well.. I've always been her doppelgänger, do you not think about that or..?" My arms cross against my chest

"I do.. I just, don't care."

"You don't care because you miss her." I say quickly

"Maybe I do. But I can't have her." He seems dazed, just answering with his real thoughts

"So you settle for me?"

"Yes." His eyes widen as he tries to retract the first answer, "No! No."

"Yes?? I knew it! I knew that was all I was to you."

"I didn't mean that Char!"

"You said it!" I fling my arms in the air, angry, "You used me Damon. Because I look like her, because I distract you from the hard truth that she in fact doesn't want you! And the tomb being empty showed you that crystal clear."

"Charlotte.."

"No, Damon. I see it all now. And I can strongly say that I am more like her than I've accepted, and you saw that."

"You're not though!" He starts for me and I put my hand up to halt him.

"I am.. because we both realized one thing. That you don't deserve us.." I turn and left the house quick as I entered.

Bom BoM BOMMM
Okay! Finally coming back to this, I hope you guys are still into reading this and I'm actually making it a good story. Please comment on what you'd like the most out of this story I always wanna hear what you guys think!