𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝙾𝙽𝙴

~Omniscient pov~

Pit-Pat. The soft, silvery drops of rain hit Janets window as she sat in her art studio. With a paintbrush in hand, she effortlessly glided over the canvas. She poured emotion through the brush almost as if she were painting her very thoughts. Love. That's what was running through her mind. Would Janet ever find true love? To her it would happen one day and there was no reason to rush it.

After finishing up her painting, she sat it to dry before exiting her art studio. Walking into one of her guest bathrooms, she washed her hands thoroughly before drying them with a napkin.

Janet sauntered on the light brown wooden floors, into the kitchen that she happened to designed herself. The white, marble countertops were sleek and polished. The grey of the cabinets were matte and dark, igniting an exquisite yet, minimalist look. Stainless steel appliances and a white, marble countertop island with a matte dark grey finish on the storage spaces.

She pulled out a navy blue ceramic fry pan, sitting it on the stove. She opted to make some eggs, sausage and toast. A simple yet tasty meal for her. She moved diligently around the kitchen, making sure she had all her ingredients. Starting off, she cooked her turkey sausage first before adding her eggs to the same pan. She added salt and pepper, cooking them until they were done to her liking. Then she toasted her multigrain bread, adding a little butter.

Once she finished her cooking, she plated her food before saying grace. As she ate, she replied to a few emails and business inquiries. Same ole', Same ole'.

After Janet finished eating, she grabbed a water bottle from the fridge, chugging it down. Water was the best. 'Such a refreshing feeling' She thought.

Her phone rang, snapping her out of her thoughts. The caller ID read her best friend's name, 'Gina🤍'.

"Hey, Gina" Janet answered, plopping down on her white, Larce 5 piece sectional that was adorned with Chaise Stone.

"Hey, Jan what you up to?" Regina asked. On the other end of the phone, she was across town in her penthouse. She sat in her office at her brown Swapan desk accompanied by a black, Patrizia Contemporary task chair.

"Nothing at the moment, I just finished eating" Janet replied in a monotone. She always spoke this way, even she didn't know why. She wasn't sad but she also wasn't as happy as she wanted to be.

"Well...there's this little get together and there's gonna be a few people that we know there" Regina spoke, easing into the conversation. She knew her best friend wasn't big on parties and get togethers but she also knew it would be good for Janet to get out.

"You asking me to go?" A queried Janet said.

"Yes..please, it's gonna be fun" Regina adjured, silently hoping Janet would agree.

"...I'll be there, send me the details" Janet pondered for a moment before agreeing to come.

"Okay! Love you, Jan" She squealed, clapping her hands excitedly.

"Love you more, Gina" Janet smiled. The first time today she had done so. She wasn't big on smiling, simply because she didn't like her smile. She thought it was too wide.

The call disconnected and Janets phone dinged indicating she had a message. She checked seeing it was Regina, sending the details for the get together. It was scheduled for tomorrow night.

Janet sat her phone aside, deciding to go for a walk. Walks always eased her mind and gave her more inspiration for future projects. Getting up from the couch, she looked out the window seeing the rain had slowed down and it was barely drizzling. She grabbed her North Face Antora Jacket before slipping on her black Waterproof Timberland boots.

Exiting her penthouse, she locked the door behind her before making her way to the elevator. She stepped in, tapping the first floor. Her knee bounced almost impatiently as the floors passed. Finally, the elevator dinged indicating she was on the first floor.

She stepped off, walking out of the building. She had no destination in particular, just wherever her feet would take her.

Passing by many buildings, observing the signs and what sat inside. Janet saw many people, many faces, and many objects.

After a while of seemingly mindless walking, Janet ended up at a park. She sat on a bench, deciding to take in the nature that surrounded her. Her eyes darted from tree to tree, noticing the difference in shape between them.

She noticed a couple holding hands while walking through the tree tunnel, the man in a brown rain jacket and the woman in a black jacket. The orange and brown leaves on the ground set it off, the scene was nearly identical to the painting she painted earlier today.

Janet was astonished at the similarities but blamed it on just a mere coincidence. she sat for about 15 more minutes before deciding to head back home. While walking back home, she stopped at a grocery store to get a deli sandwich for later. She got her usual, which was the rueben. She thanked the cashier and paid before walking out.

Finally, Janet had made it back home. She kicked her boots off at the door before stepping into the kitchen to put her food away.

Walking into her bedroom, Janet decided to take a shower and settle down. She knew she was in for the rest of the day.

Janet walked into her bedroom and sat inside, a black Ophelia bed with a plush black hybrid mattress. Silk sheets and soft, white covers. Two dark gray nightstands on either sides, completing the look.

She stripped of her clothing, throwing them in her dirty clothes hamper before walking into the bathroom. She cut the shower on, making sure it was to her liking and stepped in. The water instantly soothed her, bringing her to peace.

Janet hummed to Pretty Little Birds by SZA as she washed herself in the shower. SZA, H.E.R, and Daniel Cesar were some of her favorite artists. She enjoyed listening to them.

She washed twice before rinsing off and stepping out. Janet did her night routine which consisted of washing her face and dental hygiene. She decided to lay in bed and watch movies to end her day.