Prologue

Boys lost in the Night

Inspired by Strawberries and cigarettes by Troye Sivan 

Leonardo Andrews

Leonardo Andrews

- Used to play soccer but stopped because of leg injury, antisocial, hates a lot of aspects of himself, loves astronomy, has PTSD(Post Traumatic Stress Disorder), wants to learn how to love someone, loves feeling needed, unlabelled in terms of sexuality. 

Xavier Kim

Xavier Kim

-Gay, Nerd, Loves writing, has a slight case of Dependant Personality Disorder, likes to be helpful, has a resting bitch face but doesn't know it, kinda clueless, cute, Extremely smart, wants to become a full time writer. 

Prologue

'Remember when we first met~'

Tender blushes and shy smiles. Small glances at those baby blue eyes. Heated tension yet soft touches. First time meeting and we felt that connection.

'But we couldn't get very far~'

I gasped as my heart broke into a million pieces. I didn't want this pain. I don't want to have to go through this again. A single teardrop rolled down my cheek as I realized it was far too late. 

'Long nights, Daydreams~' 

Silent whispers and lost conversations were all that could be heard. The starry sky, the warmth of his hand on mine, the quiet wavering of the small animals and insects. I was at complete peace for the first time in a while. 

'Lighters and candy, I've been a fool~'

The toxic smoke clouded the air and my judgement. The sweet taste that could kill me but I can't stop, it's just too good. Maybe it was to blind me from the reckless actions that I caused. Maybe it was to keep me sane. But all I know is that, in the end, if I could do it all over again, I would still choose him. 

'Always hoping that things would change

But we went right back to your games~'

I can't do this anymore. I'm too confused. Too lost. Too alone. Where were you when I needed you the most? Why did you leave me? Was I not enough? Will I ever be enough? Like raindrops, the tears overflowed and all my words flowed with it. Maybe it will better for me like this. 

'Racing to 60, I've been a fool~' 

My heart was pounding, knocking on all the alarms in my body and made my feelings apparent for anyone to see. He apologized. He's willing to try. But he's human. Can I really trust his word? After everything? The triggers went off in my head but it was answered with silence as I already knew my answer. And I already knew that there was no turning back. 

'And even if I run away

Give my heart a holiday

Still strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you

You always leave me wanting more

I can't shake my hunger for

Strawberries and cigarettes always taste like you

Yeah, they always taste like you

You

Long nights, daydreams

With that sugar and smoke rings

Always taste like you~'

This is the last time. No more. It's been enough. It's too much. I can't deal with this but I want it. And I'll do it. For you. 

Don't break my heart. Don't leave me. Show me you want me. Show me you need me. Show me your desires and I will grant them. Show me your love and I shall return it.