one.

PROJECT CADMUS
EIGHT YEARS AGO, 22:14 UTC+2
CHAPTER ONE: “ORIGINS”

Noise, too much noise. The arguments of three different scientists were muffled as a child inside a pod just watched them argue, not understanding what was happening through the pod she was in. Her eyes went from one of the scientists to another, what they were saying was in a foreign language for the girl. She did not understand what they were saying, but she could sense rage, anger, and disbelief.

"All that I am saying is that we can't just treat this poor girl like our guinea pig!"

"Then what's the reason why we locked this kid up in that pod?! Injecting her serums that we believe could change the way humans see each other?!"

"You two enough! Return to your duties, we can't let the light wait for the progress! She is the key to our place in the light! Do you two get it!?"

The girl had noticed the other two calming down after they seemed to be scolded by someone who looked like their higher up as she observed, she wondered why they were fighting; not understanding the situation.

A sigh was left out of the female scientist as the other two left, she looked from the girl to the door; peeking outside. The woman held her chest in relief, walking towards the "imprisoned" girl. Her hands clicked on something on one of the control panels, sliding doors hissing open as the child almost fell on the ground but was luckily caught by the woman.

"There, there... careful child." The woman made her sit down next to the pod where she was in. "Are you okay?"

The girl looked at the scientist in confusion. "You can... speak japanese?"

"Kind of, and it is still bad." she replies, keeping the hair out of the kid's face. "C.C., I want to apologize for the things you saw earlier."

Ah yes, the arguement. C.C., the codenamed child still remembers what she heard but it was like gibberish in her mind as the language was foreign to her. The girl never understood english as she grew up hearing and speaking japanese.

"I don't know what you all were saying."

"I know," said the scientist. "But let's forget those things first, I believe you don't know my name yet even if you've like seen me in a year. I'm Felicia Evans, or what they call me in this facility; Dr. Evans."

C.C. gazed up at the woman who was kneeling next to her, still hesitant about her next action; accept her or run for it. Her gut feeling signals that the woman in front of her won't harm her, so she does. The girl just looks at her with a curious face.

"I believe you're a good kid, C.C." Felicia assures the kid. "I want to help you, but promise me one thing; never tell anyone about this, especially the other scientists that I spoke with earlier, okay?"

The girl hesitated for a while, her thoughts running on her head as Felicia waited patiently for the child. She looks up at the scientist and nods, standing up and facing her. C.C. did not know if she could trust Dr. Felicia Evans but if this was the only way to survive, then she shall take the risk.

She took a glance at the scientist's phone on the table, walking towards it and looked at the open screen. Her eyes linger on the screen as she sees the same scientist and a girl next to her with a teddy bear in her hands. It took C.C.'s interest and looks at Dr. Evans.

"Who is this next to you?" asked C.C.

Felicia stood next to the test subject, taking the phone gently on her hands.