two.

PROJECT CADMUS
JULY 14, 16:18 UTC+2
CHAPTER TWO: “THE IMMORTAL WITCH OF CADMUS”

When was the last time C.C. saw Felicia Evans in the facility? She couldn't count the days since she mysteriously vanished from the laboratory, only Dr. Haller and Hayes were the only ones working on her in the facility. C.C. wishes that such a kind person like her wasn't murdered or be in a dangerous situation as she thought. She wanders in the white room she was placed in, her yellow eyes just looking down at the sandwich that was given to her a week ago, untouched and molding. It was a quiet place, she liked it but the girl did not think of going insane inside the white room as she only relied on herself as Dr. Evans was not present.

The doors hissed open to reveal some armed Cadmus men, lingering down at the child unamused.

"You still haven't touched your food." one of them hisses, "You're lucky we're still giving you that, appreciate what you have!"

C.C. did not understand what he had said, light fading away from her yellow eyes, arms wrapped around her legs as she tried to comfort herself due to the overwhelming situation she was in. She doesn't understand, she has been here for like three years and yet it feels like she's been here for thousands of years. The armed men kicked the young girl in the face, flying backwards the white wall of the room. She groans in pain as blood starts dripping down her nose, her small hands wiping it away.

"Freak."

"Failed lab rat."

The two of them laughed as they left the white room, leaving C.C. alone bleeding inside. The situation was unbearable for her anymore, she did not even know who she was anymore.

C.C. is not her real name, she knows—who was she really? Why does she look so different compared to the people she was in contact with in the facility? So many whys that can't be answered. C.C. curls herself up like a ball in the white bed she's sleeping in, what was that feeling? The girl was experiencing a thing that she never knew what it was, but it felt like she was going weak. She just stayed in the same bed as she lost herself in deep thought.

The girl had already forgotten what she looked like, except for her thick black curly hair and the same gentle look she gives C.C.—She sighs, resting her head against the wall. An inhibitor collar was wrapped around her neck, avoiding any psychic attack from her whenever the scientists nor the guards of Cadmus were present around her.

Without a doubt, her telepathic powers were uncontrollable. She was a monster, a person that shouldn't be seen by the earth's surface.

"C.C." Dr. Hayes called the young girl, placing his hand on her shoulder as he led her to a room where a pod of water was waiting for her. "Say hello to your old friend, she misses you a lot."

How many times was she drowned to death by the scientists? Sixteen? Seventeen? It was all blurry. Her body had now adapted to the feel of drowning, to the point that she almost feels nothing when she's in a pool of water, pulling her down gently till she loses her breath—only to regenerate and continue to live life. C.C. then jumped into the pod and the laboratory assistants had closed the lid to keep the girl inside, preventing any attempts of escape.

The pressure of the water had wrapped itself to C.C. while the scientists outside observed what would happen after their multiple attempts to get her used to the water environment. Her yellow eyes close as she endures the pain of the water getting inside her nose as it starts to clog her lungs, amusing the scientists in front of her as she slowly "dies", taking down notes to study her more.