Chapter 0: "Huh..?" (not main story)

*He*
"I don't remember how it happened...
But I remember when."

"April 26, 2024..."
"It was on that day that my entire life took a turn for the worst..."

"No, all of our lives..."

Germany, Frankfurt.

A young man stands in the middle of an empty narrow street with a bag of groceries, gazing into an alley shrouded in endless darkness. He hears a menacing and satisfied voice reminiscent of a demon.

*?*
"We-e-e-e-ell, hello there! Welcome to my trap, buddy! Want to have some fun?!"

In terror, the young man drops the bag of groceries and screams as he runs back, abruptly turning around, but there is nothing behind him, just the same darkness

He stops and slowly turns, trying not to succumb to fear. The man doesn't see the creature, only a huge horrifying grin peering out from the abyss.

*?*
"Well, let's play?! Let me tell you the rules of our FUN game..."
"1. Within a week, you must kill yourself."

The shocked young man tries to say something, but is immediately interrupted.

"2. If you-u-u don't die within a week... I will personally kill ALL of your family and loved ones, and ALL you care about! And I'll kill EVERYONE who loves you and EVERYONE you might become friends with!"

"You'll be alone... Forever."

...

Day 1.

Home.

The young man, still in shock, stands with a bag of groceries at the entrance, where he is greeted by his younger brother and sister, who have just returned from school.

*Brother*
"Hey there! Did you buy the snacks I asked for?!"

*Sister*
"Yes, yes!! Did you buy them? Hey... Phil?"

Phil stood in place, staring into nothing, and only after his brother and sister pinched him did he snap out of it and began to take off his shoes.

*Phil*
"Ouch... Y-yes, hello... H-how are you, everything good at school?"

The brother rushed to the kitchen, taking the bag of groceries from Phil, a couple of which fell to the floor. The sister bent down and picked up the fallen items.

*Sister*
"Phil, you're spending the whole day with us today, right?"

*Phil*
"Yes... But tomorrow night, I'm going to a friend's for a sleepover. What's up, want to do something?"

*Sister*
"Hooray!! Den, today we're going to the pool!!"

*Brother*
"Hooray!!"

Phil took off his shoes, went to the kitchen, and smiled gently.