Prologue

ᴀᴅɪʀᴀ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

"Hi, I'm Adira. Just because I am riding a bicycle and talking about myself does not mean this is an Enola Holmes intro."

"Who is she? you might ask. Go watch the movie cowards."

"I'm originally from Tamil Nadu, lived in delhi my whole life because my parents are divorced.I had to move in with my mother as she took me in custody."

TMI, A bell rang in my head as i noticed I was yet again speaking too much.

"Neither am I as pretty as Enola, neither am I as smart as her, neither do I have a mother like hers.

I am as talkative as her if that counts."

I give myself a gap as i keep pedalling, the summer air on my peachy skin feels like home, a feeling I've missed my entire life.

"Adira, it symbolises courage. My foot, i can't confront my inner turmoil to anyone except for this stupid camera i vlog with. Amma will kill me if she gets to know that I've bought a camera."

"I'm not as brave as my name sounds, i'm a normal day medical student who stays up all night trying to pass out and get the tag on her name."

"Hey, I don't hate this. I do like studying so much and getting the adrenaline rush. But, if I could choose, I'd do something that gives me a rush everyday, something thatll keep me happy." I warn the camera hearing my mom's voice.

'if you don't want to be a doctor, then you can always write your JEE. You're only 22.' she was dumb at times. The only options I had was to be a doctor or an engineer.

"3 idiots flashback? Anyway, I was terrible at maths and i still am. I am a quite competitive spirit so I couldn't bear getting 20,00,000 rank in Jee. That would ruin my reputation."

"So I was like, I'll do NEET ma. Just send me to Kota. She didn't, she monitored each and every second of my preparation." Typical moms.

"After a year of blood, sweat and tears, i got my admission in AIIMS Rishikesh. Not Delhi. My score was pretty decent and I was happy but Amma wasn't."

"If you're done with your self talking, catch up adi. You're too slow."  Meghna, Meg; she was my only friend in the campus.

It didn't mean I was socially awkward. I didn't want to invest my time in friends although I talk to a few students who are on the top. Not me, my mom instructed me to do so.

I love talking, I wish I could make a living out of that. If my mom didn't restrict me from speaking to other students, I'd have called the whole institute my friend.

"Meg, stop!" I shout at her. She stops her cycle panting to catch her breath.

This was one of my favourite things to do in college apart from answering the questions right.

Cycling with Meg has always been exciting. She would listen to me rant, we would talk about her love life, her family. I would bitch about Amma, she wasn't too bad but I just wanted a coping mechanism to make myself feel that I wasn't at fault.

She was the one who forced me to be here.

"Adi, lehan was looking for you." Meg says with a playful look.

Lehan; he was the one guy i loathed in the academy. Not because he flirted with me or liked me but because that loser is smart.

I doubt he's smarter than me but he is very smart. And, i always hate to admit that.

"Is it because of the history you share with him?"

"Meg, I'll not be hesitating to use my scalpel on you. History, my foot. I have only rivalry with him."

Lehan and I met when we were in high school, that loser joined the school during our 10th grade and I've hated him since then. How dare he get more than me in boards?

It's fine, i took revenge by getting more than him in both 12th boards and NEET.

The rivalry didn't stop there;

Adira and lehan,

Lehan and Adira.

It doesn't sound right,

Lehan Vs Adira. More like it.

We were more like enemies who still had to talk to each other because...

Because..

I don't know, maybe because of the history.

"This was enough getting to know about me, I'll update to you soon", I say to the camera and pamper it more than my mental health.

Afterall it was from my own savings.