Rudeneja

R u d e n e j a - the way the nature and/or the weather begins to feel like autumn.

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ

Flashback 2010
Class 10 A - CBSE
Delhi public school

The students of the class murmured, unpleasant noises scattered around the classroom.

Adira, in her table; first bench obviously, was studying the periodic table. It wasn't the first time, it was her 25th revision ever since she memorized it completely.

Unbothered about the chaos going around the classes she completed revising chemistry and got ready for the first period of the day; the only subject she hated in school.

Maths.

It wasn't that she wanted to hate the subject, or she was forced to hate it to fit in but every other subject was easy for her, it was just this subject.

Adira was interested in maths, really. But, she could not get hold of the subject no matter what.

"God, he's so handsome," a girl with her painfully annoying voice screeched like she was a mosquito.

All they talked about was guys. Disgusting.

God, adira hated that group of popular girls, she always thought the guys were way better than the girls of her class.

Except for meghna obviously.

Atleast the fellows didn't gossip like the girls, they were all pretty chill and didn't bother adira at all.

"He's the new transfer student?" Adira heard a familiar tone as she looked behind.

"Adi, you want to do this question?" Meg asks her as she sits down to look at the doubt asked to her.

Adira politely refuses and gets back to her place, she really didn't want to do maths.

Of course, meghna and sarthak. they were friends, really good ones indeed. At times adira wondered if meg really liked her as much as she liked sarthak.

"Sarthak, you're not supposed to do that question that way. Apply the Pythagoras theorem instead," Meghna said as she focused on the question instead of listening to what sarthak was trying to convey.

"But why can trigonometry not be applied here? It is an equilateral triangle, so we divide them using an angle bisector and we'll derive the cos 30°," sarthak forgot what he was talking about for a second and came back to the question. Meghna and him sat together, not like they didn't want to, it was fun for both of them. Studying with eachother felt easier for them.

A guy and a girl were made to sit together in a bench, so as to make the class less noisier but it was still a fish market.

"Atleast fishes were economically beneficial,"

and luckily adira had no partner, or so she thought until now.

The classroom buzzed with excitement as the maths teacher announced the arrival of a new student.

Adira watched as Lehan entered the room, his confident stride drawing the attention of everyone present. She couldn't deny that he had an air of charisma about him, but there was something in his demeanor that irked her.

"Good morning mam, good morning everyone, I'm lehan Roy, a transfer student from West Bengal," he said and waved as the so called popular girls squealed yet again. It was truly getting disturbing.

Lehan was directed to sit next to Adira, much to her dismay. As he settled into his seat, he flashed her a cocky grin, which only fueled her irritation further.

"Hey there, topper. Heard a lot about you already" Lehan said, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Looks like I'm stuck with you."

Adira shot him a withering glare. "Don't call me that. And just so you know, I don't need any distractions from someone like you. loser," she says scoffing.

A while later, after half the class,

The teacher posed a difficult problem to the class, and without hesitation, both Adira and Lehan shot up their hands, eager to be the first to solve it.

Their eyes locked in a silent battle as they raced to find the solution.

Adira whispered under her breath, "This one's mine, Lehan. Don't even think about it."Lehan smirked, his competitive spirit ignited. "We'll see about that, topper."

With pencils poised over their notebooks, they furiously scribbled down equations and calculations, each determined to outdo the other.

Finally, with a victory grin, Lehan called out the correct answer before Adira wrote the final step, ah shucks, she was so close to the answer.

Adira clenched her jaw, frustrated that Lehan had beaten her to it. She glanced at her incomplete solution and then back at Lehan, who was basking in his triumph. It was a blow to her ego, but she refused to let it show. But, now she was more determined to be better than him, it was like adding fuel to an already burning fire.

Lehan smirked triumphantly, reveling in his victory. "Looks like I beat you, topper."

Adira's nostrils flared with irritation at the nickname. "Don't get too cocky, loser. It's just one question."

The class erupted into murmurs, with some students whispering about the unexpected competition between Adira and the new student.

Mrs. Goel, appreciated both the student for their efforts as they went back to their seats.

"This is just the beginning topper, let's see who gets more in boards,"

"Sure loser, get ready to lose the bet,"

And there began the famous rivalry, it was a very sweet beginning for a love story trope wasn't it?

But only difference was they weren't in love, they aren't going to be in love. never ever.