Chapter 4 - Thoughts and Talk

A day has already gone by and I seriously have no Idea what I should write about.
My hand gently caresses the furry head of my orange buddy, just before getting a notification from Jasmine.
"Hey Sophie. Was wonderin about the music and thought we should meet up and talk about it. Meet ya at 5, Golden plate restaurant."
What the heck!? Who does she think she is, inviting me like that.
"Okay ( ^ω^ ) " I answer.
It's 11 at the mornig, I still have plenty of time left, so I try to spend the rest of my precious time writing some lyrics.
And nothing comes up.
"It's time to play the same riffs over and over again" I say to myself and my cat, as Im finally freed from the prison of the cat sitting on you, and grab my guitar to practice some.
Then it hit me.
After putting down the guitar in its mighty stand, I grab my notebook and write, and write, only for my eyes to meet a badly wrote lyrics about going to the afterlife then regretting it.
"Should I even show this?" I look at my cat, who is just spinning on the ground like the dumbass he is.
"Fine..." I pack it up, look at the clock, and notice i'm late.
I rush over to the restaurant but fight with my inner demons during the trip. What if someone wants to talk to me? The waiter will probably ask where I want to sit, or what I want to eat? I have never been to a restaurant with no intention of eating, nevermind going there alone!
As my thoughts continue to eat my brain up, I almost bump into the glass door.
"Embarrassing scenario...averted?" I think to myself just as I pull on it.
Unfortunately, there is a huge sign that says Push.
"Damnit." I akwardly push the door in and look around.
It's a little cozy restaurant, not a lot of people are around,so it's easy to spot Jasmine.
I sit down next to her.
"H-hey"
"Hey Sophie, what's up?"
"A-ah I'm doing fine thank you"
"I see..."
"So the music-"
"Did you write any lyrics?"
"I Tried" long pause "A little..."
My embarrassed hands reach deep down into my bag to grab my notebook, and hand it over to Jasmine.
"Dont judge" I mutter.
She opens it. The judgement day has cometh. I can feel my cheeks turn red. Nothing is more embarrassing than showing your work to someone, knowing that it's rushed and shit.
"Is this how you feel?" Jasmine looks at me with worried eyes.
"N-no!" I try to reassure her that I'm alright but she probably took it to heart as she embraces me.
"Best lyrics are the one's coming from here..."
She points at my chest.
"My boobs?!" I gasp.
"No you dumbass, your heart!"
"A-oh- right-"
"So please try to take focus on your mental health. And if your thoughts are really this..." she looks away and mutters "they are really good work materials"
"That's mean!"
"Sorry but that's the truth. So tell me, why didn't you write about one sided love?"
"How did you know I was about to write around that topic?!"
"You were muttering something when Lily announced you are the lyrics writer and I listened closely."
"Ah thats.." That's completly cringe! So so cringe! I can feel my insides turn into a pile of thrown out papers in a trash can thats burning.
"I, myself, wrote several instrumentals, so I'll send them to you, and you'll cherry pick it out for me 'kay?"
"Okay..."
"Now let's enjoy this restaurant to it's fullest. What do you want to eat?"
"Ah..p-pancakes?"
The rest of the day went by smooth thanks to Jasmine's skill of being able to talk with strangers.
At the end of our little outing, she hands me my notebook back.
"I know all about you now" She smiles and giggles.
"What..?"
"Bye!"
What!? What did she mean by that?!
My thought are once again filled with loud noises of the gates of heaven but luckily, I manage to gather myself. It would be akward to turn to dust infront of so many people.
I manage to waddle home with all my power left.
"Hi James the Fifth king of the Holy Roman Empire"
My cat just stares at me.
"Hi sweetie! How have you been?!" He immediately meows at me.
After doing the essential things like giving my cat food, and doing the dishes and taking a bath, I yet again find myself infront of the notebook, this time with one of the tracks looping in my ear.
I take a deep breath and write about Unrequired Love.