| 25 | Sunlight ☀︎︎

__________________________________

Part of me hates myself, I despise the part of me that feels bad for him. His childhood was traumatic on a level that I could never understand, he has deep scars that probably will never heal. I don't know if I could be who he wants me to be, I don't know if I could fill the hole in his soul, and... I don't know if I want to be.

I've been staying at his house for 3 days now, and it's interesting, to say the least. Theo and Flynn are always picking on each other and Adonis is always there to mitigate or make it worse by picking on them too. I never thought that I'd be here, staying in a huge mansion with only one other girl. Layla. She's the sweetest and at the same time most abrasive and blunt person I've ever met. I love her, she reminds me of Lottie... lottie...

"What did you find?" Adonis asks Flynn who is sitting across from him with Theo sitting to his right. "I checked street cams and an all-black van pulled up at 9:03 and grabbed her as she was walking back to the house, I managed to get the plate number and it came up reported stolen. I checked with the police station and they said that the van had been stolen before, 3 times to be exact." he pauses before finishing, and both Theo and Adonis furrow their brows then nod, urging Flynn to finish. "I thought that was odd, so, I looked into the owner and it came up to an Ivan Utkin," he pauses once more. "A Russian?" Theo questions and Flynn nods. "Weird right? I looked into him and he has ties with the Romanov family, but more importantly, he has ties to Michael. Or, had."

Adonis's eyes narrow slightly and his brows furrow once more. "So we find Ivan, then we find Charlotte?" Adonis asks and Flynn frowns, "Unfortunately not, she's already left where she was..." he trails off, seemingly like he's leaving out information. "Flynn," Adonis accuses, calling him out for hiding something. He sighs.
"She was at Logan's house, until last night, she was moved," he admits, and his voice cracks towards the end of his sentence. Hurt is written all over his face and I share the same feeling. This is my best friend, she's like a sister to me, and knowing that she got taken from the same place I was at just makes me feel like curling up in a ball and sobbing until I can't anymore.

Tears swell in my eyes and I do my best to hold them back, I fail after a few minutes.
"Do you know where?" Theo speaks up, cutting the chilling silence.

"I don't know.. But I th—"

"Kurt," Adonis interrupts Flynn. His voice low and angered now.

"Who?" Theo asks hesitantly, taking note of Adonis's change in demeanor.

"Kurt Herchel," He answers, and both Theo and Flynn's faces change, their expressions are shocked, and in the worst way, they look.. Scared, nothing I've seen from any of them.
"Fuck," Theo mutters, blowing out a puff of air.
"Who's Kurt Herschel?" I ask, breaking the scary energy that's been creeping into the room since his name was first spoken.