Chapter 14:Transmission's truth

Y/N Nishimura (The Ultimate Mediator)

Lisa Manoban (The Ultimate Filmmaker)

Jennie Kim (The Ultimate Architect)

Nayeon Im (The Ultimate Speaker)

Tzuyu Chou (The Ultimate Deviant)

Jihyo Park (The Ultimate Composer)

Momo Hirai (The Ultimate Skeptic)

Soo-young "Joy" Park (The Ultimate Lifter)

Remaining Students: 8

S̶̶a̶̶n̶̶a̶ ̶M̶̶i̶̶n̶̶a̶̶t̶̶o̶̶z̶̶a̶̶k̶̶i̶ (The Ultimate Competitive Eater)

̶D̶̶a̶̶h̶̶y̶̶u̶̶n̶ ̶K̶̶i̶̶m̶ (The Ultimate Escape Artist)

̶M̶̶i̶̶n̶̶a̶ ̶M̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶i̶ (The Ultimate Horticulturist)

̶C̶̶h̶̶a̶̶e̶̶y̶̶o̶̶u̶̶n̶̶g̶ "̶R̶̶o̶̶s̶é" ̶P̶̶a̶̶r̶̶k̶(The Ultimate Chemist)

̶J̶̶i̶̶s̶̶o̶̶o̶ ̶K̶̶i̶̶m̶ (The Ultimate Psychologist)

̶I̶̶r̶̶e̶̶n̶̶e̶ ̶B̶̶a̶̶e̶(The Ultimate Archer)

̶S̶̶e̶̶u̶̶l̶̶g̶̶i̶ ̶K̶̶a̶̶n̶̶g̶(The Ultimate Journalist)

̶J̶̶e̶̶o̶̶n̶̶g̶̶y̶̶e̶̶o̶̶n̶ ̶Y̶̶o̶̶o̶ (The Ultimate Track Star)

"Tzuyu Chou!" I angrily call as I exit the rotunda, hurrying after the black-haired deviant.

Tzuyu stops in the middle of the hallway, groans, and turns around. "What do you want, Nishimura?"

I stopped in front of her, "What the hell? Are we just ignoring the fact that you're lying about your title?!" I spat.

Tzuyu rolls her eyes at me, "Two girls just died and that's what you're worried about?"

I scoff. "Don't use them against me! They were my friends, not yours!"
Although I'll never admit it to her, she's right. It's not actually what I'm worried about, but I need something to distract myself from everything that just happened. I need to move on as quickly as possible.

Jennie appears by my side. "Tzuyu, this is pretty serious."

"Why do you even believe the letter?" Tzuyu asks. "Last time, they all spread lies manufactured to catalyze the killing game."

"That's not the case this time!" I remind her. "Jeongyeon's letter was true!" I quickly glanced at Jennie. If I reveal the allegation against her, my argument will be harder to refute, but by effect she'll be exposed. I shake my head to dispel the idea, knowing it's out of the question. "I'm inclined to believe yours is, too."

For once, Tzuyu appears nervous. She's fidgety and stressed, which are two things I never expected of her. "It's not true. I'm not lying."

Good. I've got her right where I want her.

Jennie tries to soothe her with her gentle voice. "It's okay, Tzuyu. We'll forgive you for lying so long as you tell us the truth now."

Tzuyu groaned in annoyance, "I'm not." she insist.