Track 3

Damon grabbed the television remote, connecting the TV to his phone. He pointed at the screen. "That girl right there. You all are gonna rescue her."

The first thing Zoe noticed was that the girl was young—based on the younger kids around Crater, she guestimated her age to be seven or eight.

The picture was grainy. The photographer had taken the image from a ways away and had to zoom in to see any precise detail on the child's face. She stood around several men with assault rifles who wore nondescript military camo. Her eyes were closed, and her tiny fist gripped the back of one of the men's shirts.

Damon walked to the kitchen—it was a dark design with black marble walls and counters. He took out a massive blender, tossing several fresh fruits, juices, and powders into it. Afterward, looking at Paul, holding up a glass, he asked, "You want some?"

He shook his head, "I'm fine."

"What about your daughter over there," he nodded to Zheanni.

Paul nudged her. She looked up from her phone, "What?" He pointed to the blender. "No." She shook her head, going back to her phone.

"I'll have some," Yahd said, walking into the kitchen.

Zoe and Kalimba stood near the television, studying the picture on the screen.

"So it looks like she's in a desert or maybe on a beach," Kalimba noted, deep in thought. He turned to Zoe, who stood staring at the picture. He stuck out his hand, introducing himself once more.

She shook his hand. "Zoe," she said, returning to look at the girl on the screen.

"Do you know energy?"

Zoe whirled toward him, staring at him with wide eyes. She glanced around the room, but no one seemed to pay much mind.

"Yo, it's okay," he chuckled, "Everyone already knows about it here. We don't need to hide anything. I'm just trying to get a gauge on things."

"Oh, okay," Zoe breathed. "Sorry, I just...well, yeah, I can use it. I'm not sure how well I can comparatively. I have somewhat of a scattered experience. I don't have much to put it up against."

"That's okay. As long as you can use it reliably."

"Yeah," she nodded.

"Alrighty!" Damon walked back from the kitchen. He tapped his phone, and the picture on the TV changed to another. "This is where she's being held." To Zoe, it looked to be an abandoned military outpost. "A compound in the middle of nowhere. Originally, it was built for the production of drugs by some terrorist group some odd decades ago; abandoned for a bit, but now on to new management. So basically, you will infiltrate this place. Find her and bring her back to my yacht."

"That's it?" Asher asked skeptically.

"Hey!" Damon snapped, "I'm down over fifty million buying the coordinates and location of this girl, alright. Don't take this shit lightly!"

"Okay, okay," Asher held up his hands, "Just seemed too simple, is all."

Kalimba nodded, "Don't worry. I'll lay down my life for this girl."

Damon glanced at his diamond-encrusted watch. "Well, we should actually leave now." He looked at Paul and Zheanni. "You guys wanna come."

"Nah," Zheanni said. "I've gotta be somewhere in a few days."

The helicopter descended over the yacht.

"Two hundred feet long!" Damon yelled over the blades.