Part : 11 Lan's

Author POV

parting branches and stepping on leaves approached. A boy wearing a light coloured robe emerged from within the dark forest.

"Young mistress jin, here you are!" shouted Lan Jingyi.

"Let me ask you generally, why do you call me mistress?" asked Jin ling getting irritated.

"Cause you are!" exclaimed Lan Jingyi.

"You!" huffed Jin ling.

The boy had a vermilion mark in between his eyebrows, his features delicate yet sharp. He was quite young, around the same as Lan sizhui —still in his adolescence. He carried a bamboo canister of feathered arrows and a luminous sword on his back, holding a longbow in his hands. The embroidery on his clothes was extremely delicate, forming a magnificent white peony in front of his chest. The golden threads glistened against the dark nighttime shades surrounding him.

"See, Wei jiu also thought that you have delicate yet sharp features!" exclaimed Lan Jingyi.

"And how does it effect on the mistress thing?" asked Jin ling tried to be calm.

"You are beautiful like a maiden that's why! Isn't it Sizhui?" exclaimed Lan Jingyi with an smirk.

"Mn, a-ling is beautiful! More than any maiden!" said Lan sizhui honestly.

Lan jingyi laughed as Jin ling visibly blushed.

Jiang cheng and Jin zixuan rolled their eyes while Lan xichen and Jiang yanli chuckled.

Wei wuxian silently exclaimed,"How wealthy!"

This must have been a young master studying in Lanling Jin sect, since the sect was only the one with white peony as the clan pattern, using the king of all flowers to suggest that they were King of all Cultivators. The vermilion mark implied the meaning of "opening the doors towards wisdom and aspiration; illuminating the world with the vermilion light."

"You have quite much knowledge about our sect!" exclaimed Madam Jin.

Wei wuxian nodded his head as all of these information he has to learn for the sake of his Sister's engagement.

The young master already had an arrow on his bow and was preparing to shoot it, when he realised that the diety binding nets only caught humans. After an initial moment of disappointment, he quickly become annoyed,"I find you idiots every single time. There are more than four hundred diety binding nets in the mountain, but you guys have already broken ten or so, and i haven't seen the prey yet!"

Wei wuxian thought again,"How wealthy!"

Jin disciples felt a little proud. Well being wealthy is one and only highlight about their sect.

"Can't you think something else?" asked Jin ling.

"I don't know why I did thought that! But isn't true?" exclaimed Wei wuxian.

"Ofcourse you are talking about Jin sect!" said Jin zixun slightly showing off.

Twins pride of Yunmeng Jiang rolled their eyes.

A single diety binding net was already expensive, yet he had four hundred all at once. A smaller clan would've become broke after buying so many, but then ofcourse this was the Lanling Jin sect. However, wasting diety binding nets like this and not caring about what they caught shouldn't be considered night hunting at all. In fact, it was almost as if they were chasing people away, not allowing others the chance of contributing to the process. It seemed that the Cultivators who retreated earlier didn't do it because the prey was difficult but rather because this sect was one that shouldn't be angered.