I bring golden statues back to life

"Hey, take it easy!" Li Lianhua exclaimed as two Lingshan Sect guards escorted him down the stairs.

He had heard about the mysterious death of Sect Leader Wang and his connection to the Jinyuan Alliance so he had gone and looked around.

"Get out!" a Senior Disciple yelled at the doctor.

Li Lianhua adjusted his clothes and then looked at him with a bored expression on his face.

"Listen, even if your boss is dead he owes me five taels of silver, since you are his disciple then pay"

The man widened his eyes offended.

"Leave immediately or you cannot blame me if I am not kind to you," said the disciple, going down a step in order to teach him a good lesson.

The doctor raised his hands in surrender.

"All right, I'm leaving," and he walked away quickly.

That's not good. He needed to find out what old Wang really knew and if there was a chance to track down the Jinyuan Alliance. Maybe Di Feisheng survived the attack ten years ago, maybe they had a chance to get together again. As he walked his mind brought him back to that night.

A thunder exploded in the air, the rain fell profusely on them. With his sword in his hands he fought alongside Di Feisheng. He had repelled every attack and despite the poison that flowed through his veins burning every fiber of his body continued to fight. Then he saw it, the blood that soaked his clothes, the stain that enlarged on his chest, the pale skin, the eyes that had crossed his that shouted that he was sorry. In a second Di Feisheng fell into the sea. A scream tore his throat, he felt hands holding him still, which did not allow him to reach him. His body trembled and his legs gave out, he felt his heart clench in his chest until it broke. Tears run down his cheeks and confused him with the rain, those he believed friends had turned their backs on him. His zhiji was dead and so was he.

He was brought back to reality by a young familiar voice.

"What a coincidence, Dr Li," Fang Duobing smiled.

The young detective from Baichuan Court, was it really a coincidence or was he following him?

"The world is really small, I didn't think I'd meet you again," the boy continued, his arms folded across his chest, grinning.

"Yeag, really a coincidence" Li Lianhua chuckled and then turned to get the hell out of there, but Fang Duobing was fast and stopped him with his sword against a tree. With her free hand he took his wrist and examined his inner strength. He looked at him doubtfully.

The doctor raised an eyebrow. He had lost his cultivation ten years ago, he would have found nothing. But he had to admit he liked the guy's tenacity.

"You are without spiritual energy, your dantian is weak," Fang Duobing remarked, leaving his grip on him. "Do you really not know martial arts?"

"Even your body is weak and can't stand torture," Li Lianhua replied, mocking him.

"You embarrassed me in front of the Hall of Wind and Flame, but don't worry, I don't hurt people who don't know martial arts, I take you to Baichuan Court" the young master of Tianji Hall ignored him and grabbed the doctor by the arm and started dragging him with him.

"Wait, I just came to collect a payment, it's certainly not a crime," Li Lianhua objected, freeing himself from the hold "and then I can explain, Emptying Hand, he has..."

"He used the Unbreathing Skill, didn't he?"

Li Lianhua was pleasantly surprised. The boy then had some brains.