Seriously?!

It had been several days since his collapse, and Shen Luyu had just come to—his head a mess of boisterous thoughts and sounds. At the current moment, Shen Luyu was staring up at the wooded ceiling, a sullen look adorning his face.

"You still won't answer? Why is everyone from the Sheng Hui sect so arrogant, but when faced with any consequence, they turn and tuck their tails?" Sect leader Le asked, his voice stern as always.

Ever since Shen Luyu woke up, which was a whole four days ago, he had been pestered by the sect leader nonstop for answers Shen Luyu didn't have. So, what was his method of getting around this? There was no method to get around his non-stop hounding; the only thing he could do was try and tune it out, and being that Shen Luyu still had half of his sanity intact, it seemed to be working.

"Haha," Sect Leader Le laughed dryly, his annoyance heavy in the air."Look at you. I bet you felt so high and mighty when Chenfu put you up to this, yet look at your pitiful self now."

In truth, Shen Luyu didn't pay his rambling any mind. He had bigger things to worry about, such as the fact he had officially been in a world apart from his own for five days now, and not once was he able to go back. Just why would anyone want him here? When Shen Luyu, or more specifically, Xiao Ming, said that he didn't want to rot in the unknown meadow with his head resting on the trunk of the tree, that didn't necessarily mean that he wanted to go into an alternate universe! Just thinking about it sent raging waves of heat to his head.

Shen Luyu had been cooped up with a fever ever since he had passed out, and it hadn't shown any signs of going away, so not only did he have a seething headache, but he was also going to die from the lack of sufficient medical supplies.

Ughhh... What a pain. Literally!

Shen Luyu continued to stare at the ceiling with little interest but certainly more interest than whatever the sect leader was whispering about.

Sect Leader Le also seemed to lose his sanity. He had been incoherently mumbling to himself for such a long time Shen Luyu forgot to count. And it wasn't like he could just pull out his phone to check! On that note, he had been having phone withdrawals.

Xiao Ming didn't have many friends to text, but he had been inhabiting a voracious phone addiction ever since he had gotten his first phone. It all started when he was fourteen...

Xiao Ming spent the past four years of his life picking up odd jobs from around his neighborhood to fund his wants since his parents ignored him—only giving him the basics of his needs. In total, he had accumulated thirty-five thousand Yuan, none of which had been touched by so much as a nail on anyone's finger except his own.

Xiao Ming had been saving for a couple of items, all of which he pined for. The first item was a phone. This was doubtlessly the most expensive item on his list. The model he'd been interested in was two thousand nine hundred Yuan, and that didn't take into account the tax and monthly phone bills. That being said, he needed to have an adequate amount of money to begin with, as well as a personal bank account to house his money. And that made way for another problem. He couldn't open a bank account without his parents, so he mustered up all the courage his thirteen-year-old self could manage and went to ask his mother.

He trudged up the stairs, which creaked with each step he took. The house was old, but it housed them perfectly. But that wasn't the most pressing matter at the moment. Xiao Ming started to shake uncontrollably—he had heard a heavy thump, which only meant that his mom was drinking.

When she got drunk, all hell broke loose.

On better days, when she got drunk, she would stick with yelling ostentatious obscenities towards himself and his father. Xiao Ming had always thought that he deserved to be yelled at and never really processed her words. I mean, he was still very young. Who could blame him?