Chapter 3 | Hate You

The Fault In Us

3
----∆----

ZOEY

I exited the gates of the university after fulfilling all duties of the president on the first day. Most of the students had left and Isa had also gone on a date with her boyfriend, Zachary. She was going to stay over today and I had the whole room to myself. I was planning to have cheetos while watching 'Grey's Anatomy'.

As I was walking on the pavement, I felt a firm pull on my bag. My first thought went to Eric Churchill, but then the voice I loathed the most spoke up. "Where are you going baby, you left me in so much pain. Do you want to come back the harsh way?"That is when he left my bag and I saw Eric standing in front of me.

Eric hissed while clenching his teeth, "what are you doing here Luke? Did you not learn your lesson yet, or do you want to see more. And babe why didn't you tell me you were leaving."

I cringed internally as he called me 'babe' but I knew that Lucas was a dangerous man and he went out of his way to protect me. I saw Lucas run off as I turned to him. "Thanks for helping me."

"It's alright. Infact I wanted to apologise. I had been obnoxious. Friends?" He paused to ask while holding his hand out as my breath hitched while looking at his dishevelled black hair and deep drown eyes.

"Friends." I replied smiling while shaking his hand. "Now I now why everyone likes you. You are too good. Wanna grab a coffee. There's a good cafe nearby."

"Sure."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

He sipped his frapuccino as he looked at me with questioning eyes as I bit into my white chocolate donut.

"Fresh ex." He muttered an inaudible "oh" and continued sipping his coffee again. Then he said while smirking,"even if I shook hands with you doesn't mean you are not my academic rival."

I looked at him like he was crazy and said, "I know. Tell me something about yourself."
He replied, "I'm handsome, funny, charming and a hottie."

"And an obnoxious jerk." I said completing his sentence. He frowned at me and signalled that it was my turn to answer a question. He asked, "What about your family?"

My face fell and he gestured me that it was alright as I said, "You know the Hoalretn Enterprises? I'm the heiress. However my family is in London so they do not live with me." He was stunned and muttered, "I thought you were a poor scholarship student. But your family is two times richer than me. Wow!"

I replied snarkily, "That is why you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I ain't poor, just simple. And I decided to get a scholarship because my family wanted to take me over."

He asked curiously,"When do you plan to take over?" I replied, "Probably after graduation. What about you?"

He said tenaciously, "I don't, my brother gets it. I'll probably be working under him." I replied, "You will do great."

*****

INSTAGRAM: the.bookland.oflove

vote•comment•follow

xoxoPenny:)