Chapter 6 | Decision

The Fault In Us

5
----∆----

ZOEY

As I was filling my suitcases with clothes, Isa barged into my room. "What the fuck Zoey? You are going to London? Are you crazy bitch? You didn't even think about telling me?"

As I looked at her teary-eyed, "What should I tell you? That I'm marrying a guy I don't like just because he threatened to hurt the person I actually love? Well you know everything, but please come to London with me."

She replied hurtful, "I will Zoey but you are heartbroken. Eric has been drinking for the past two days. This is wrong." As I looked at her with uncertainty, "I know Isa, I know but Mike will kill him."

As she looked at me with gloomy eyes, my voice began to break, "You wouldn't even see him before you leave?" As I looked at her, "If I see him before leaving, I will never be able to let go. The marriage is on 10 March. Please be there."

As her eyes started to fill with tears, "You have destroyed him and yourself. But I'll make sure you are not alone." That is when the doorbell to the dorm rang. As we rushed out and opened the door, it was Eric barely standing up on his feet. As he stumbled forward, I put his arms on my shoulder and brought him to the couch. As I got up to get him water, he held my hand. He started to cry as he mumbled, "Please don't go, I love you so much. Please don't go Zoey. Please don't leave me."

As I fought back tears, I let Isa take control of the situation and began to grab my suitcases from the room. "Isa, please take care of him."
She nodded and gave me a half-smile.

*****

INSTAGRAM: the.bookland.oflove

vote•comment•follow

xoxoPenny:)