Chapter 3

Finally after all the drive, the strong wind stopped hitting my face. I swear how does someone not become brittle from riding a motorcycle so long? How does Ryder stay so flawless? I mean, what! Not flawless, he is most definitely not flawless. Ok, I'm not gonna lie, he was attractive, any girl with eyes could agree, but his dirty mind and douchebagginess definitely ruined all of it, or at least most of it. Supposedly I was staring at him because he said,

" Are you done raping me with your eyes, so we can do some real action in my bedroom?"

I give him this death look. Doesn't he get the idea that I'm never in the mood for his profane jokes. He raises his hands to signal that he is surrending. You better, now bow down because I'm Queen. I'm not joking he should be doing that right now to show his respect. We head into his house and head up to the stairs. He opens a door, which I'm assuming is his room. I walk in and all I see is this beautiful mural on one wall.It had a girl with orange hair that was wavy that was the length of the wall. She was looking off into the distance. My mouth is slightly open. I hear Ryder chuckle.

"Didn't think I had talents that were other than seducing the ladies," He asks.

"Ummmm yeah, why didn't you ever enter your stuff into our school competitions. You would definitely win?"

"Because I have better places to my art into than in our school. It's not actively known for its artistic students."

"True, true," I state.
"Well, I have to use the bathroom, so stay here."
"Okay, daddy," I say in a sweet little girl's voice, batting my eyelashes. He smiles.I wander around his room, looking at all his different artwork. I come across a sketchbook. I open it and start flipping through the pages. It was sketches of different people. As I keep looking through, one sketch catches my eyes. "Is- is this me" I think to myself. I look closely and start comparing it to myself in the mirror. This is definitely me. I keep flipping through and I see this isn't the only one. He draws me with different reactions. I don't know whether I should be flattered that he likes to draw me or creeped out because who draws a person so many times without once asking for their permission. I hear the door open and I look over and see Ryder. He looks flushed and slightly embarrased. I look down at the sketchbook and I can see why his cheeks are pink. I put it down and don't say a word. My phone rings.

Jane-Sorry I couldn't be there right away. It took a really long time to cover myself so that my parents don't find out I'm sneaking out. They still don't want me going out. I'll be there in a few :)

"Umm Jane is coming in a bit," I say awkwardly.

"Okay."

We stand there in uncomfortable silence. Ryder rubs his neck, sure-fire sign that he is embarassed and doesn't know what to say. My phone rings again, this time from Twinkle-Butt.

Twinkle-Butt- Outside.

"Hey Matt is outside, we should go get him," I point with my thumb to the front of his house, where Matt most likely is.

"Yeah."

We both walk down, Ryder following behind me. He must feel really awkward, but I shouldn't have gone through his stuff. Now that I think about it, I don't really mind that he drew me. All of them were tasteful and made me feel really beautiful. This is probably the first time any guy has made me feel pretty. We arrive at the door. I open it and see Jane and Twinkle-Butt talking.

"Hey guys," I say.

"Hey Indie," they both answer using a nickname I never heard of. I look at them weirdly. Both shrug, they must've come up with that name right now. Jane enters first, then Twinkle-Butt. We all head up and enter Ryder's room. Jane and Twinkle-Butt are both impressed with the mural."Dude, you are good. You have a future ahead of you," Twinkle-Butt says. See Matt a.k.a Twinkle-Butt didn't hate Ryder so he wasn't afraid to compliment him. Actually Twinkle-Butt is much nicer than me, that is why he has a girlfriend and other friends besides me. All I have is Twinkle-Butt because people can't handle my bad ass personality and I'm rarely nice.

"So what should we do first ," Jane asks.

"My girlfriend forced me to watch a Pretty Little Liars episode and it was one where they went to the morgue to get some info. Maybe we should do that? Maybe the killer left something on... ummm... her body?" It was hard for Twinkle-Butt to say this. He didn't want Jane to feel uncomfortable. I look at Jane and she is unfazed, Jane is strong, always has been. She wasn't as popular as her sister and sometimes got hate. She was a couple years younger than us, it was surprising that she could handle this.
We all nod in agreement. I think about how a dead body will look like. The only dead bodies I've seen are in TV and the way they describe it in books doesn't give the same effect as a 100% real body. I'm slightly scared, but also excited. First time that I'm ever doing something like I've read in my mystery books. Sadly, Jane has not seen her sister and I know she wants to see her one last time, even if she's dead.
We start discussing of how exactly we are going to get in the morgue because they don't let people just walk right in whenever they want to. Crazy, right! Ryder puts the idea of Jane asking if she can go in to see her sister, but the problem with that is A, it would only be her who could go through, and B, even if they let her see Wendy, she will be supervised. So that won't work.

"How about we sneak in Mission Impossible style," I suggest.

"What is exactly 'Mission Impossible' style," Ryder asks. I look at him and then I notice that I really don't know either, I just thought it sounded cool. I shrug at him and he looks at me like I'm some alien, which frankly I agree with. I'm too different from the other people of this world to come from here. I don't mean to sound arrogant either, I mean this in the most humbling way ever.

"Well in that Pretty Little Liars episode they dressed up in these outfits, maybe we could do the same," Jane suggests. So she too watches Pretty Little Liars. Mental note: watch Pretty Little Liars on Netflix.

"You know I'm sure the show is completely cool and everything," I say condescendingly, " but is it really that good to get every single idea from it?" I look at Twinkle-Butt and Jane, they shrug. I sigh. Boy, were we in for a treat, shittydoodle!

So we meet again! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! This is still the point in a book where it's character building because that is how people should write, you need to now the characters before you dive into the deep end with all the action. I hope that I will be able to execute this book to its full extent. Comment and share this book with friends. I'd love to dedicate this chapter to my only reader Philbertthepolarbear at the moment.Thank you for being there for me.
xoxo, Sarah